Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

The saddest sight I've seen

Old 11-04-2010, 04:51 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
Sorry to hear about the crash

Hope everybody is OK?

Look at this as a time for some cheep upgrades we have done that a few times.

Have your local body shop (the one not owned by the insurance co.) give a full estimate (with all part/labor/and paint)
Example... Take the total of the hood; ballpark $650 and tell the body shop not to order the factor hood but to order you an AEV Heat Reduction Hood for $799 and just pay the diff of $150. You get an awesome hood for $150.

We have done the same for bumpers also

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Sean
Originally Posted by Roeanoke
on the plus side may be able to get some sick front fenders with metal flare now ? and or aftermarket hood depending on how cool your body shop is with insurance

Screamin Lizard Customs beat me to it
Originally Posted by mkjeep
Sorry about that bro, but SLC gave you some good advice. I was able to upgrade a buncha stuff on mine by taking it to a local body shop and them working with me.
I definitely agree with all the above posters. I upgraded my previous vehicle after a deer strike, just paying the small difference between stock and aftermarket really makes it worth the upgrade.
Old 11-04-2010, 06:24 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I hit a deer the other day as well. Of course he just ate my driver side 37" tire and went bubump lol
Old 11-04-2010, 06:38 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

DUDE, you're getting a AEV Hood and a stinger bumper!!
Old 11-04-2010, 08:03 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 07BLUEJK
Lift +heavy duty steel bumper= Less damage. "But Honey if I lift the Jeep we will be safer."
I used this and it works! seen a collsion of stock JK and a car... it was bad then told the wife about the wreck with a lifted TJ.... Totaled the car and the TJ just needed a can of flat black paint for the scratches on the bumper.
Old 11-04-2010, 08:38 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by White Fang
My radiator was busted, A/C was damaged.
Ugh...I had always hoped that there was enough space between the grill and the radiator that it would shield it in the event of hitting a deer... But as some others have pointed out, this is a great opportunity to upgrade to a nice bumper and the AEV hood and having the insurance pick up part of the tab! Just relax and use this as an opportunity to upgrade a few things to prevent all this damage next time!
Old 11-05-2010, 09:38 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Screamin Lizard Customs
Sorry to hear about the crash

Hope everybody is OK?

Look at this as a time for some cheep upgrades we have done that a few times.

Have your local body shop (the one not owned by the insurance co.) give a full estimate (with all part/labor/and paint)
Example... Take the total of the hood; ballpark $650 and tell the body shop not to order the factor hood but to order you an AEV Heat Reduction Hood for $799 and just pay the diff of $150. You get an awesome hood for $150.

We have done the same for bumpers also

Good luck and let me know if you have any other questions.
Sean
this is a great idea!!

Quick Reply: The saddest sight I've seen