Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper

Old 08-15-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My M8000 was installed after the bumper- it was fairly easy- no tape or anything. This is an extremely popular bumper. I ran it sans winch for a while. I didn't think it looked odd. A good storage spot for dog poop bags
Old 08-15-2011, 05:41 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fallen
Looks great!

I'm getting an XHD soon and have a question for you guys. I want to get the bumper now, but can't afford the winch at the same time. How bad do you think it will look without the winch until I can save up for it? I was thinking about mounting some lights to fill the space in the middle and maybe make it a little less noticeable...
Don't have a picture for you without but I think it looked OK. As an added bonus it enabeled me to drive around the house and clean all the first story gutters out.

Didn't add the winch until after the bumper was on and it went fine. Superwinch 12.5sr with a Ramsey Patriot cover that fit like a glove

Last edited by Langhorne; 08-15-2011 at 06:07 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 05:50 PM
JK Freak

Ordering the stinger attachment soon but love the stubby with my XCR 10 Comp winch
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0473.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	65.6 KB
ID:	196869   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0472.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	55.3 KB
ID:	196870  
Old 08-15-2011, 05:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fallen
Looks great!

I'm getting an XHD soon and have a question for you guys. I want to get the bumper now, but can't afford the winch at the same time. How bad do you think it will look without the winch until I can save up for it? I was thinking about mounting some lights to fill the space in the middle and maybe make it a little less noticeable...
Check out my avatar pic (or whatever its called) it doesn't look bad I think becouse a warn will fill the void quick enough. Only gearheads notice those kinds of things and will know what its for so true jeep people couldn't care less, at least your looking forward with your rig. Most everybody has a budget and buys it slowly. FYI the light mounts were welded by me so yes it is a RR stubby with hoop just a lil metal added

Last edited by bigT; 08-15-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 02:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

Sorry to hijack- @ Langhorne, your JK looks awesome! How'd you mount the lights on yr bumper? 240's?
Old 08-16-2011, 05:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dogsonparade
Sorry to hijack- @ Langhorne, your JK looks awesome! How'd you mount the lights on yr bumper? 240's?
Many thanks, greatly appreciated. It's always a work in progress. The angle is decieving. These are not the Blitz, just the 170 halogen Strikers (same size as the HID Strikers on the windshield). I used the Poison Spyder mount but because of the 1 inch offset in the bumber for the hawse/fairlead it had to be modified. Cut right along where the mount rolls over, shifted the inch and welded back up.

It's the only picture I have.

This winch / bumber combo left about a 1/4" all around the inside of the well so the mount sits in front of the bumper's 'hole' and behind the hawse. There's just enough room to pop the lens off/on.

Last edited by Langhorne; 08-16-2011 at 06:08 PM.
Old 08-16-2011, 06:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thank you sir.

Admire your work as well. Just when I thought I was done (at least with aux lighting until I work my way to the rear) I see your images and start thinking .....hummm that PSC windshield to roof bracket is looking good and I'd bet I could fabricate something across the top like Echo has, with it. I just have to convince myself I need it now.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper