Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper

Old 06-23-2011, 09:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Turns out there is a problem with the switch on my winch. They have ordered me a new one but it means a different winch so I'll be experiencing the removal and install of a winch on the installed bumper. Good to hear it may only take 30 mins if all goes well.
Old 06-23-2011, 09:52 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Starcat
Turns out there is a problem with the switch on my winch. They have ordered me a new one but it means a different winch so I'll be experiencing the removal and install of a winch on the installed bumper. Good to hear it may only take 30 mins if all goes well.
Very simple to install bumper, I think it would be easier for you to remove winch after removing bumper.
Old 06-23-2011, 10:06 PM
JK Freak

cool, i hope to be doing that too soon, sweat
Old 06-24-2011, 03:28 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Starcat
I have the Motomaster version and it has little square nuts that you have to place in the feet. I put tape over the insert points so the wouldn't slide out but it was still a piece of work. I was thinking that reaching into the bumper from under the Jeep would be the hardest part.
That's the nut that made my install Hell. I have a Superwinch LP10000 which didn't leave any room to drop it into the bumper completely level. I had to tilt it to get my hands out. One nut came out when I tilted it and I didn't realize it until the other three were socked up tight.

I also am debating the overrider hoop. I do like the look without, so I may just go with it. Good luck with the next inch install!

Here's what it looks like now.

Old 07-08-2011, 06:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Just put in a 10000 lb Superwinch. Went in like a dream and works!!!
Old 08-15-2011, 10:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

Added the bar that goes over the winch and picked up the Rugged Ridge sliders that attach to the body mounts while I was at it.

Old 08-15-2011, 11:54 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great!

I'm getting an XHD soon and have a question for you guys. I want to get the bumper now, but can't afford the winch at the same time. How bad do you think it will look without the winch until I can save up for it? I was thinking about mounting some lights to fill the space in the middle and maybe make it a little less noticeable...
Old 08-15-2011, 12:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Fallen
Looks great!

I'm getting an XHD soon and have a question for you guys. I want to get the bumper now, but can't afford the winch at the same time. How bad do you think it will look without the winch until I can save up for it? I was thinking about mounting some lights to fill the space in the middle and maybe make it a little less noticeable...
I've seen a lot of guys without the winch. The mount area is nicely finished off so it doesn't look bad.
Old 08-15-2011, 12:52 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Fallen
Looks great!

I ran without the winch for a while. It's not that bad. I'll get some pics posted as soon as my Photobucket works.

Last edited by xerofall; 08-15-2011 at 12:59 PM.
Old 08-15-2011, 02:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Cool.. Thanks!

I like the plate in front to cover the openning. That's what I'll do. No more worries.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge XHD Front Bumper