Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rugged Ridge Light Grills

Old 11-10-2008, 06:54 PM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i bought them cuz i thought they looked cool....it was my first mod.....i dig it.
Old 11-11-2008, 10:45 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
Oh, i was only talking about the front ones, i have no knowledge of the rears (I have the mopar ones back there) I havent heard anything bad about the rears, just the fronts. sorry if i was less than clear.

The front headlight guards where a PITA to get on, i had to very slowly work them on with pliers, i forget how long it took, but it seemed like forever. they arent coming off easily if at all.
Ohhhh...it's ok. I thought you were slamming the rear ones.

I agree with you about the front. They are purely for looks and couldn't possibly offer very much protection....too bad because my head lights have taken a couple of wacks from branches and such and I've been very lucky....
Old 11-11-2008, 11:46 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those look great mancan't wait to get some myself
Old 11-14-2008, 08:59 AM
JK Newbie

Default Got Mine

I put them on today. The Turn Signal and Tail Light ones were very easy to put on and lined up perfectly. The Marker lights were a PITA, and I had to go to the local NAPA to get new plastic rivets to replace the factory ones. There was no way those were reusable. I really enjoy the looks of the set, though. The rear ones look particularly solid.

Now, the Headlight ones are a different story. When I opened them, one of the spot welds was broken, so I couldn't install them. I wrote CSE where I bought them and they are sending me out a new set without delay. We shall see if the new ones are better.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:40 PM
JK Freak

like the wheels
Old 11-14-2008, 05:50 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BigBadMike
Attachment 15345

Attachment 15346

I just received and installed the Rugged Ridge Light Grills for the headlights, taillights, side markers, and front turn signals.

The taillight covers are of pretty decent quality, install is very easy. The rest of the grills are poorly made. Spot welding that looks very weak, tabs that are off just enough to be a PITA !

I like the look, so I installed them, but the quality is marginal to poor. They damn sure wont protect anything, and will likely be killed with the first sapling they encounter.

Just wanted to pass the info along so anyone considering them knows what their getting first.
Looks good bud...Actually got the part ###today for the rear lights grill and also the inserts for the grill...Next add-ons for me...Nice JEEP bud...
Old 12-10-2009, 11:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Bringing up an old thread, but......I just ordered a set of these all around. The back ones were a snap to install and look good. I am a little nervous about installing the headlight and side marker ones. I saw mentioned in this thread that instructions call for removing the grill. Mine do not. They have a tab on top that slides above the grill and then has 2 tabs with holes at 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock that screw into the grill. i'm a little nervous about screwing directly into the grill. Is it metal? if so, do I need to worry about rust? Also, it looks like my side marker guards sit over the side marker and screw directly into the fender. Anyone install these recently and can provide soem input? Sounds like the instructions have changed since the last post in this thread last year. Thanks.

Hop
Old 12-10-2009, 06:32 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Hop45
Bringing up an old thread, but......I just ordered a set of these all around. The back ones were a snap to install and look good. I am a little nervous about installing the headlight and side marker ones. I saw mentioned in this thread that instructions call for removing the grill. Mine do not. They have a tab on top that slides above the grill and then has 2 tabs with holes at 8 o'clock and 4 o'clock that screw into the grill. i'm a little nervous about screwing directly into the grill. Is it metal? if so, do I need to worry about rust? Also, it looks like my side marker guards sit over the side marker and screw directly into the fender. Anyone install these recently and can provide soem input? Sounds like the instructions have changed since the last post in this thread last year. Thanks.

Hop
The OP has the same ones I do...from Rugged Ridge. I installed mine a couple of months ago and they did not screw into the grill, they replaced the existing chrome rings around the headlights and used existing holes/screws. I was nervous about the marker grills because I had heard the marker lights were a PITA to remove, but it was easy... very simple job over all...

BTW, the grill is plastic...

Here are some pics installed

Old 12-10-2009, 07:39 PM
zjk
JK Newbie

I had no problem putting them on , but they should give you 2 rivets for the front fender.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	winch covetr.jpg
Views:	42
Size:	92.0 KB
ID:	33943  

Last edited by zjk; 12-10-2009 at 07:49 PM.
Old 12-11-2009, 04:43 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I'd considered these but didn't know how they would work/look with the Cibie lights I plan to install later.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Light Grills