Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rugged Ridge Light Grills

Old 11-08-2008, 04:51 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rugged Ridge Light Grills

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0990.JPG
Views:	724
Size:	63.0 KB
ID:	15345

Click image for larger version

Name:	CIMG0991.JPG
Views:	706
Size:	55.0 KB
ID:	15346

I just received and installed the Rugged Ridge Light Grills for the headlights, taillights, side markers, and front turn signals.

The taillight covers are of pretty decent quality, install is very easy. The rest of the grills are poorly made. Spot welding that looks very weak, tabs that are off just enough to be a PITA !

I like the look, so I installed them, but the quality is marginal to poor. They damn sure wont protect anything, and will likely be killed with the first sapling they encounter.

Just wanted to pass the info along so anyone considering them knows what their getting first.
Old 11-10-2008, 06:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Nothing to say, or nothing GOOD to say ??
Old 11-10-2008, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

looks good to me bro,
Old 11-10-2008, 10:35 AM
JK Enthusiast

Like the look...thinking of putting them or some like them on my JK
Old 11-10-2008, 10:41 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BigBadMike
Nothing to say, or nothing GOOD to say ??

*L* this has come up quite a few times, everyones perception is about the same as near as I can recall.

Look nice, but wouldn't stop a pissed off black fly if he hit you while you where backing up. The headlight ones can be a bear to get on, quality (especially the actual headlight ones) is marginal to mediocre at best.

That being said, I like the look, i have the front set headlight/turn indicator/parking light set on my Jeep too.
Old 11-10-2008, 12:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
*L* this has come up quite a few times, everyones perception is about the same as near as I can recall.

Look nice, but wouldn't stop a pissed off black fly if he hit you while you where backing up. The headlight ones can be a bear to get on, quality (especially the actual headlight ones) is marginal to mediocre at best.

That being said, I like the look, i have the front set headlight/turn indicator/parking light set on my Jeep too.
I can tell you this is not true...at least for the rear guards.

I backed up into a tree and not slowly....don't ask ....but it put a huge dent in the factory bumper and a nice dent in the rear corner, the tailight popped out of the body but did not break the rear light as it would have if I had not had them.

In my opinion these things did exactly what they were meant to do and protected the rear light very well! They are both funtional (not flimsy plastic) and look good.

Your JK looks great, I like the the covers & have heard about how difficult the headlight ones are to get on...How was it for you????
Old 11-10-2008, 01:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by dlud51
Your JK looks great, I like the the covers & have heard about how difficult the headlight ones are to get on...How was it for you????
Thanks. And thanks to everyone else also.

The headlights were a pain as you have to remove the entire grill, about 10 minutes, but not doing it before I was scared of breaking something during removal. The front turnsigs pop right out of the grill, so they would have been easy if the guards had been made to more exact specs. The front fender lights were a bitch, and I now need 2 new rivits....

As I said, I like the look, but the front guards are about worthless except for looks. I can see that the rear guards would perform and save from possible damage to the lens though.
Old 11-10-2008, 02:18 PM
JK Junkie

Looks good man!
Old 11-10-2008, 02:24 PM
JK Junkie

I've wnated to get them, but only for hte looks, nothing real functional about them.
Old 11-10-2008, 04:10 PM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by dlud51
I can tell you this is not true...at least for the rear guards.

I backed up into a tree and not slowly....don't ask ....but it put a huge dent in the factory bumper and a nice dent in the rear corner, the tailight popped out of the body but did not break the rear light as it would have if I had not had them.

In my opinion these things did exactly what they were meant to do and protected the rear light very well! They are both funtional (not flimsy plastic) and look good.

Oh, i was only talking about the front ones, i have no knowledge of the rears (I have the mopar ones back there) I havent heard anything bad about the rears, just the fronts. sorry if i was less than clear.

The front headlight guards where a PITA to get on, i had to very slowly work them on with pliers, i forget how long it took, but it seemed like forever. they arent coming off easily if at all.

Quick Reply: Rugged Ridge Light Grills