Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rubicrawler

Old 10-03-2009, 06:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicrawler

Teraflex Plus installed my Rubicrawler Friday, excellent bunch of people there. We were real happy with the knowledge and service provided. And all the cool stuff around there. We ran 7 Mile Rim at Moab today, the 2 low is excellent for the sandy roads and most of the easy parts of the trail. Mine is a Sahara model so it would run away down hills without the brakes, now in low/low I don't need them, seems like a lot more contol up hills also. I think I'll really like this product. Excellent support from Advace Adapters also as they called Teraflex and myself to see how the install was going. Once again thanks to Joe, Dennis, and Vinny at Teraflex plus all the other guys we talked to. Looking forward to the trail ride with you guys this next weekend.

Ron O.

Last edited by Alaska-HWY JK; 10-03-2009 at 06:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2009, 07:11 PM
JK Super Freak

pictures?
Old 10-03-2009, 07:37 PM
JK Jedi

We need more info to say is this really worth it?.... how much did it cost? install price? what gears are your running? tire size? Please share all the info not just the sratch your back scratch mine stuff...
Old 10-03-2009, 07:56 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What gear ratio is in the crawl box? Hopefully its different than the t-case, so you end up with 3 low ranges rather than just two.

I am keeping an eye out for a rubi t-case for my X. As the low range currently sucks with the stock gearing. And swapping t-cases is cheaper than gears :P
Old 10-03-2009, 08:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thers's pictures on AA's web site, I'll try to get some tomorrow. If its worth it is up to you, I think it's a huge improvement but it just got installed so after a week here wheeling it I'll have a lot more info. The price is posted on AA's website. I ordered mine early so I got the free twin stick upgrade. Its a 6 hr install x the labour rate at whichever shop you go to. I would have done it in my garage but it was released so close to my trip down to Moab I didn't have time. I thought the labour rates were good compared to at home. I have 4:10 gears, 305/65/18 BFG AT which is about a 34" tire. It gives you all the transfercase ranges on thier site but fom memory with the X or Sahara 1:1,2:72:1 and 7.2:1 also a 2:72 2 wheel drive with just the Rubicrawler engaged. With the Rubicom model you would have that plus 4:1 and I think low/low was 10:1. I hope thats what you needed, I should have called this First Impresssions as thats what it is. I'll know more in a few days.
Old 10-03-2009, 09:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Good to hear you have some new toys!!!
Old 10-06-2009, 10:43 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey thanks for stopping by. It was nice to meet you. You gotta PM the info to me on those grab handles, Vinny wants some.
Old 10-06-2009, 12:10 PM
JK Junkie

Oh yeah now this is what a guy needs.
Hey Ron one day when you are up to nothing I would love to come down to DC and check this out. I am very interested on how thee twin sticks look as there is no pics on AA site. And also i would like to feel Low/Low, must be insane.

Maybe we should go for a wheel/fishing trip
Old 10-06-2009, 10:52 PM
JK Super Freak

Old 10-07-2009, 05:37 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Pics

Sorry about the no pics I'm in Moab till the 12th so I barely have time to check e-mails, Joe I'll get you that info.

Quick Reply: Rubicrawler