Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rubicon X. Finally..

Old 06-15-2014, 02:27 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Congrats I have the same one and love it...........I bought mine April 9, 2014. Already did some mods, here are some pics.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4421.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	56.6 KB
ID:	559768Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4439.jpg
Views:	247
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	559769Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4454.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	42.9 KB
ID:	559770Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4583.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	48.9 KB
ID:	559771Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4585.jpg
Views:	263
Size:	65.2 KB
ID:	559772
Old 06-15-2014, 01:01 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by webejeepin
Very nice jeep! I love the color what ya' call it? Really dig the hood that's wicked. I should know this but here comes the newbie question...what's the X in the Rubicon X include?
The color on mine is copperhead metallic. As for what the X includes... The hood, metal front and rear bumpers, black wheels, red tow hooks front and rear, red accenting(TR badge, swaybar/locker switches/hood label), slush mats, grab handles, black leather interior w seat heaters standard, special gauge cluster and steering wheel accenting, Enhanced Mopar rock rails, and a trail rated kit. I might be missing some little things but it's a damn nice package.
Old 06-15-2014, 01:15 PM
JK Junkie

Nice rigs love the X
Old 06-15-2014, 06:24 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by BuccaneerJK
The color on mine is copperhead metallic. As for what the X includes... The hood, metal front and rear bumpers, black wheels, red tow hooks front and rear, red accenting(TR badge, swaybar/locker switches/hood label), slush mats, grab handles, black leather interior w seat heaters standard, special gauge cluster and steering wheel accenting, Enhanced Mopar rock rails, and a trail rated kit. I might be missing some little things but it's a damn nice package.
Thanks for taking the time to itemize the X package. So glad to hear you say the paint is metallic... IMOH... I'm going to keep my eye on the dealers lots gotta see in person!

Cheers
Old 06-16-2014, 05:02 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by chattownjk3
just price difference is not to that big of a difference.. i agree tho 6 is alot. just didnt know if anyone had pros for it i am leaning more to the 4in.
Price for the kit may not be much different, but to do it right it will be way more expensive. One big issue is getting caster and pinion angle right. You'll need a lot of pinion angle up front, but then caster goes to crap. You either cut and rotate the C's or you buy a new housing with more degrees of separation (stock is 6* and you'd want about 10*). Might get away with not doing much tot he rear axle with a 4 door, but most likely you'd want to cut and rotate the brackets.
Old 06-16-2014, 05:03 AM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
Price for the kit may not be much different, but to do it right it will be way more expensive. One big issue is getting caster and pinion angle right. You'll need a lot of pinion angle up front, but then caster goes to crap. You either cut and rotate the C's or you buy a new housing with more degrees of separation (stock is 6* and you'd want about 10*). Might get away with not doing much tot he rear axle with a 4 door, but most likely you'd want to cut and rotate the brackets.
If you want the lift and don't need more flex, check out the portal axles from Dynatrac! Those are sick. Problem solved
Old 06-16-2014, 11:31 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by BuccaneerJK
Absolutely plans for the new one. Pulled the end caps off the bumper already, threw a CB in it. Recovering from the down payment and then 2-3" lift and 35's going on it. Maximus3 winch plate on the way and a few other little goodies. Only time will tell.

Was lucky to score this color. Had to order it and it's quite the story behind the order. Many color changes happened on that order sheet.
I have seen alot of ppl put that off the bumpers plan on doing that as well. and awesome still looking around and trying to decide which to do first.. choices choices..
Old 06-16-2014, 11:32 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK Girl1
I love the black but ended up going with the granite crystal.

Attachment 559708
they had a granite gray at the dealership and i almost went with it but at last second went back to the black. where did you order lights from? that is up there on top mods to do.
Old 06-16-2014, 11:34 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Maxcustody
Congrats I have the same one and love it...........I bought mine April 9, 2014. Already did some mods, here are some pics.

Attachment 559768Attachment 559769Attachment 559770Attachment 559771Attachment 559772
looks good! cant wait to start modding mine!
Old 06-16-2014, 11:36 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Invest2m4
If you want the lift and don't need more flex, check out the portal axles from Dynatrac! Those are sick. Problem solved
good point! was not even thinking about that. just the excitement about the jeep and finally getting to do some mods.

Quick Reply: Rubicon X. Finally..