Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rubicon Unlimited w/ WP - Warrior Steel Tube Half Doors + Mesh Cover

Old 05-22-2007, 09:08 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Unlimited w/ WP - Warrior Steel Tube Half Doors + Mesh Cover

I got Warrior Steel Tube Half Doors and Mesh Cover today!

I ordered the doors on 5/1. So, it took about 21 days. The guy at Warrior was really nice. I'm very happy with the doors!

Anyway, here's some photos. Check them out!

P.S. I removed the stickers (tire & weight info) on the door frame. I used GooGone and worked well!

Last edited by moun10eer; 05-22-2007 at 09:13 PM.
Old 05-22-2007, 09:12 PM
JK Enthusiast

They look great.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Close-up...

Believe it or not, the mesh cover actually block some air coming inside JK. So, when it's cooler out (it was like 60F last evening), the cover keeps somewhat warm inside (with heater blasting). I wasn't cold when I drove 60~65mph on I-5 last night. Last week, when I drove with doors off and heater blasting (60F outside)... I was freezing!

Last edited by moun10eer; 05-22-2007 at 11:41 PM.
Old 05-23-2007, 01:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

those look really good. how is the fit and finish?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:25 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Colonel Angus
those look really good. how is the fit and finish?
The finish is excellent! They fit great also! The doors fit perfectly and does not touch the body (paint). They are not loose either. The latches hold the doors well and tight. They don't shake or rattle even when you go over some bumps. Installing the doors were much easier than installing Mopar gas door, Mopar soft top boot or Bestop Bikini Top (which made pretty poorly and one of the velcro came off already.... and flaps so bad and so noisy even when you attatch to door frame).

I read few negative comments/reviews about WP produts (not the half doors) somewhere in JK-Forum. So, I was kind of skeptical. I originally wanted Bestop Element doors but they don't make rear doors (yet anyway) - I really needed the rear doors (more than front) because of my dog... can't put my dog in the backseat without doors! Also, I heard some negative reviews on Element doors. So, I decided to order WP tube doors.

I'm very happy with WP tube doors! The customer service was great also... they always responded my e-mail and gave me update. Highly recommended!

BTW, this is off-topic but... there are three metal loops behind the rear seat (I think they are for baby seats??). I attatch the short leash (5~6 ft.) to the middle loop so that my dog doesn't get thrown out (or jump off).

Last edited by moun10eer; 05-23-2007 at 04:20 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:43 AM
JK Freak

I think in a another pic I saw of another JK it seemed the tube doors looked out of place. But those doors on your JK look good! Almost seems like the black doors with the other black trim and your door sill guards give some nice contrast.

Your probably posted elsewhere, but what mirror relocation bracket did you use? Is that the stock mirror on the bracket?
Old 05-23-2007, 03:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deadspot
I think in a another pic I saw of another JK it seemed the tube doors looked out of place. But those doors on your JK look good! Almost seems like the black doors with the other black trim and your door sill guards give some nice contrast.

Your probably posted elsewhere, but what mirror relocation bracket did you use? Is that the stock mirror on the bracket?
Yes, the doors goes well with other black stuff! I think they look good with door sill guards!!

The mirror is Mopar one... http://www.justforjeeps.com/exteriormirror.html It's okay. I like it but it doesn't come with right/passenger side mirror (no option for right mirror). I ordered Lange Mirror II for JK (similar to http://www.truckstuffusa.com/miriibylanor.html) from Quadratec... they are backordered... for almost 2 weeks. If I like Lange ones better, I'm going to sell the Mopar mirror... probably here.

Last edited by moun10eer; 05-23-2007 at 04:04 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by deadspot
I think in a another pic I saw of another JK it seemed the tube doors looked out of place.
Maybe you saw this??? https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...hlight=warrior

I think it's because of the plastic door frame. The half doors (any half doors) and/or no doors look much better without door frame, in my opinion. I always remove them when I take the top down... only takes few minutes to take them off and put them back on.

He's got a nice bumper though!

Last edited by moun10eer; 05-23-2007 at 04:18 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 04:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

They look great. Bestop needs to take notice here and realize they have to get their rear doors on the market and clean up their quality control. WP has a greate product that is going to give them a run for their money.

Do the WP door have provisions for mounting the JK factory mirrors? It doesn't look like it from the pics.

BTW, great dog. My lab rides in the back of my TJ and will ride in the back on my JK (when I get it). I use a harness to hold him in and I have a teather that clips on to the harness and then snaps into the seatbelt or there is another clip to snap onto anything else. I modified the teather to have the other clip. It works great.
http://www.petstreetmall.com/Dog-Sea...1/details.html

Last edited by tjworld; 05-23-2007 at 04:57 AM.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tjworld
Do the WP door have provisions for mounting the JK factory mirrors? It doesn't look like it from the pics.

BTW, great dog. My lab rides in the back of my TJ and will ride in the back on my JK (when I get it). I use a harness to hold him in and I have a teather that clips on to the harness and then snaps into the seatbelt or there is another clip to snap onto anything else. I modified the teather to have the other clip. It works great.
http://www.petstreetmall.com/Dog-Sea...1/details.html
There's no place to attatch the mirror on the door.

Thanks for the info and the link to the seatbelt harness! It looks very secure. I think I'm going to get one!

Quick Reply: Rubicon Unlimited w/ WP - Warrior Steel Tube Half Doors + Mesh Cover