Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.
View Poll Results: What is it ? Sahara, Rubicon, or Neither ?
Rubicon all the way
20.56%
Sahara impersonating a Rubi
69.16%
Neither, it's an X with Sahara and Rubi parts
10.28%
Voters: 214. You may not vote on this poll

Is this a Rubicon, or is it a Sahara imposter?

Old 06-28-2007, 08:56 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I was at National4WD's open house a couple weeks ago and there was a dude there with a sahara "unlimited" but it was a two door....lol. I don't think they pay their detailers enough!
Old 06-28-2007, 09:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default yea....

it's a chevrolet Unicorn!
Old 06-28-2007, 11:17 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RedRockJK
OK there are only 93 voters but I'll go ahead and spill it.

19 voted Rubicon - 20.43%

66 voted Sahara - 70.97%

8 voted it was an X - 8.6%

It's actually a 2007 Rubicon with painted flares, and the rock rails removed with Sahara running boards and MOPAR mud flaps installed. The plate may have come back as a Sahara, because the guy that owns it is an employee at a Jeep dealership, and had an 07 Sahara Unlimited before he ordered the Rubi. The paperwork for his plate transfer must not be completed yet.

I was wondering how many people would catch on that it's Lt. Graystone, and you can't get a Sahara in that color. Of course it looks so much like silver it's hard to tell in most pictures.
YEP!! That is Adam's Jeep. He is the Jeep sales manager. He had a Dark Red Sahara before this one. I sat in his Rubicon with him and went over his MyGig. I am extremely jealous. What happend is a lady bought a Dark Green Sahara and did not like the painted fenders, so he traded her his Rubicon fenders and then had those painted to match his Rubi. Whallaaa! He even has a tan interior... but with a black top. He also ordered the MOPAR steps because of his little girl. He has done some wheelin and dealin to get it that way. IT AINT FAIR!

Last edited by USAF_GroundRat; 06-28-2007 at 11:23 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:58 PM
JK Freak

is it just me, or do those wheels look smaller than 17" and the tires smaller than the 32" sizes?

i say sahara with a fake rubi sticker and wheels and tires that are the same style, but smaller, than the rubi.
Old 09-10-2007, 10:10 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by low4life
The guess works up someones already ran the plates. It's a Sahara posing as a rubicon. Which was my guess from the start. I don't understand the thought process of the whole buying a "X" or "Sahara" and putting a rubicon sticker on the hood in order to try and mislead the public into the fact that you spent more for your jeep. Does it help out on the trail

The Rubicon sticker obviously gives you more power for mall crawlin.
Old 09-11-2007, 12:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by skaggs9573
When I ran the tag it came back title pending, it does'nt say Rubicon or Sahara, its just says Wrangler.
Yep! I am Cop

Ok, I am late to the thread, but disturbed none the less. Am I getting this right, skaggs9573, who claims to be a cop, is using his position in law enforcement to run a tag off of a forum on the internet? For what? To find out if it is a Rubicon or Sahara? What in the hell does this have to do with law enforcement?

For those of you who may not understand why I am upset, it is simple. It is against the law to use your MJIC (Mississippi Justice Information Center) or NCIC (National Criminal Information Center) access to run a plate just for the hell of it. You have to have a legitimate reason (ongoing investigation, traffic stop, etc...) in order to access those databases. It is not only a violation of state law, but federal law as well.

It's guys/gals like that who give cops a bad name. May not seem like a big deal, but where is the line drawn?

There, I am done with my rant.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:23 AM
JK Freak

Talking

Originally Posted by azbronco
Ok, I am late to the thread, but disturbed none the less. Am I getting this right, skaggs9573, who claims to be a cop, is using his position in law enforcement to run a tag off of a forum on the internet? For what? To find out if it is a Rubicon or Sahara? What in the hell does this have to do with law enforcement?

For those of you who may not understand why I am upset, it is simple. It is against the law to use your MJIC (Mississippi Justice Information Center) or NCIC (National Criminal Information Center) access to run a plate just for the hell of it. You have to have a legitimate reason (ongoing investigation, traffic stop, etc...) in order to access those databases. It is not only a violation of state law, but federal law as well.

It's guys/gals like that who give cops a bad name. May not seem like a big deal, but where is the line drawn?

There's probably a lot of people who frown on this type of abuse of power who just shrug and move on to the next thread....
Old 09-11-2007, 05:18 AM
-

Originally Posted by azbronco

Dude all he had to do is type some numbers on his computer on his lunch break, 2 minutes tops.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:25 AM
JK Newbie

Its a Sahara, i ran the tag and it came back to an 2007 Sahara.
if it came back Wrangler and not Rubicon or Sahara, why did you post this?
Old 09-11-2007, 05:38 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

why did this thread return from the dead?

Quick Reply: Is this a Rubicon, or is it a Sahara imposter?