Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rubicon Rock Rails

Old 05-24-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Rock Rails

Has anyone added a round tube to the side of the Rubi rock rail to provide more side protection? It wouldn't be very hard to bend some DOM tubing and space it out a few inches with proper support. Then brace both back to the frame. I hate the thought of spending $5-600 to replace what came with the Jeep. Any pics of what you've done would help.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:35 PM
JK Newbie

i just bought rubicon rock rails. id be interested too!
Old 05-24-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

a couple 2-3 companies already sell this mod. woods? posion spyder? couple more i think.

Nobody runs it to the frame however. Mounting a slider to the body and frame kinda defeats the purpose of the body mounts.
Old 05-24-2010, 07:41 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

similar to what you may be looking for

https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ade+rock+rails
Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

I saw a company that was advertising the mod you are talking about. it was DOM tube for stock sliders.
Old 05-25-2010, 09:04 AM
JK Newbie

Here's the link to the Woods rubi rail kit:

http://www.jeepswag.com/rubitubes/index.html

I bought this kit last year but haven't gotten around to welding them on yet.
Old 05-29-2010, 07:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

If you're going to add DOM tubing to the Rubi rails, inspect the interior before you start welding!

Mine rusted from the inside-out with chunks of rusted loose material throughout.

I belive I salvaged them by removing all exterior corrosion, sealing the lower seam, and adding Great Stuff foam to the inside. Hopefully that prevents any further rust.

The rails should have been filled with foam and/ or sealed to begin with.

(Weld... then install foam)
Old 05-30-2010, 03:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

I found some tube steps on ebay a couple years ago for pretty cheap. Once I realized I would have to take off the rubi rails to install them, I decided to take the included hardware, cut them down to fit, and weld them directly to the rubi rails. I love the look, and they're super strong. I've had 500 lbs on them, and they hold up great.
Old 05-30-2010, 08:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Woods Rubi Rails and have been happy with them. If you do your own make sure you keep them short ( not sticking to far out) to keep the leverage down. These have been beat on a lot and are holding up well.

They also add a small step which is handy when you are working on the top or when you need to scap the mud off of the bottom of your shoes before getting back in

Quick Reply: Rubicon Rock Rails