Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rubicon Express installed

Old 10-02-2009, 08:59 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rubicon Express installed

Just installed a Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex kit. Just me and my dad in the backyard. Started at around 9 and wrapped everything up around 7. We took our time and just enjoyed ourselves. Everything wen tin very well, we only had 2 problems. The front sway bar link didn't fit, more specifically the bolts would not go through the sway bar. So we had to drill out the sway bar, which actually would have went fast if we had decent drill bits but we fought it for awhile. Then one of the brake lines kept leaking. But that was my fault for not seating the washers correctly. Over all i am very happy with the kit and the install. I went with the measurement from the instructions. It rides great, no vibrations, or death wobble. Just though I would share my experience.

Sal
Old 10-02-2009, 09:02 PM
JK Newbie

Share the pics man!
Old 10-02-2009, 09:12 PM
JK Junkie

congrats man...nothing like pull wrenches with pop...x2 lets see some pics
Old 10-02-2009, 09:59 PM
JK Super Freak

Well, you have the Tell part down pretty well, but your Show definitely needs some work.
Old 10-03-2009, 01:45 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by smcastillo
Just installed a Rubicon Express 3.5" superflex kit. Just me and my dad in the backyard. Started at around 9 and wrapped everything up around 7. We took our time and just enjoyed ourselves. Everything wen tin very well, we only had 2 problems. The front sway bar link didn't fit, more specifically the bolts would not go through the sway bar. So we had to drill out the sway bar, which actually would have went fast if we had decent drill bits but we fought it for awhile. Then one of the brake lines kept leaking. But that was my fault for not seating the washers correctly. Over all i am very happy with the kit and the install. I went with the measurement from the instructions. It rides great, no vibrations, or death wobble. Just though I would share my experience.

Sal
This is my same setup,however i have a few ?

1) I am unable to get under my jeep,with that being said,I know the kit comes with new rear adjustable sawbar links and the rears should be moved to the front.now that it lifted i can see new offset adjustable swaybar links in the front and straight links in the rear, is this correct?

2) I take it back next week to have them check all the torque setting. the shop put everything that was took off in the box my lift came in,but its really heavy and have not looked in it, do you or anyone else know how long the stock rubi 4 door rear links are?

3)The front offset adjustable sawbar links look like they belong there, and i know for a fact they are new, thay still have some kind of paper marking around them, the rear straight ones look new too.but i cant be sure as i never really saw them before the lift can you give me more info on your lift compaired to what i see? thanks

Last edited by 08leocon; 10-03-2009 at 01:50 AM.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Yes the sway bars links in the rear are straight, the front are a new offset link. The old ones do not get used. I plan on keeping the stock ones, I understand when you install evo rear rockstar skids you can utilize them. I compared the stock lower arms and they are jut slightly shorter than the new arms, but I don't have the exact measurement.
Old 10-03-2009, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Old 10-03-2009, 03:38 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SaharaBlackNo1
Well, you have the Tell part down pretty well, but your Show definitely needs some work.
Yeah, wheres the show part? Ive been curious about this lift.
Old 10-03-2009, 04:05 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by So_Cal_Tay_12
Yeah, wheres the show part? Ive been curious about this lift.
i will post pics in two weeks once everything if finished
Old 10-03-2009, 04:06 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by smcastillo
Yes the sway bars links in the rear are straight, the front are a new offset link. The old ones do not get used. I plan on keeping the stock ones, I understand when you install evo rear rockstar skids you can utilize them. I compared the stock lower arms and they are jut slightly shorter than the new arms, but I don't have the exact measurement.
Thanks, i feel alot better now

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express installed