Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rubicon Express 3.5'' 4 doors

Old 05-27-2009, 07:22 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Request: Rubicon Express 3.5'' 4 doors

Hi Gentlemen!

First off, as first post, id like to say thanx to all of you for making this forum so time consuming! I got to say, i have spent pretty much all of my spare time on this forum for the last few weeks, trying to figure out what set-up will eventually fit my needs;

So I just bought a 2009 4 doors black Rubi!

Im now looking for a suspension kit. After narrowing down susp kits, my preference go to the Rubicon Express 3.5in because of their reputation, lift height (apparently about 4''+) and of course the price, 4x4groupbuy actually have an interresting offer on it, in fact they include 4 RE shocks for free I was also considering Teraflex 4'', but it gets pretty expensive with flexarms.

Before I pull the trigger, Id like to see some pix of it with 35''s if some had this kit installed. Id like to see how it stands and flexes. I couldnt find any threads on it, not even good shots on google

Also any comments & opinions on this lift would be greatly appreciated; so feel free to share!
Thanx in advance!

Last edited by dooz; 05-27-2009 at 05:01 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Look more at function than cost when you consider your suspension kit. At 3.5" you start creeping up on the range of needing to replace other suspension/driveline parts than just the springs and shocks....depending on how you will use it. I think Teraflex has the best reputation for the JK suspension and the flex arms will provide you exactly what you need in the longrun. Perhaps a 4" kit would suit your needs. If anything, you could always buy the Teraflex short arm kit then upgrade to getting the long arms when you feel ready (either with $ or use).
Old 05-27-2009, 07:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Here is some of my Teraflex 3" I love it... gave me more like 4.5in

Last edited by brandonbooth; 05-27-2009 at 07:32 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 AM
JK Newbie

I created this online gallery for that very purpose. It will give you an idea on the lift / tire setup. Congrats on your RUBI!
Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

congrats on your new jeep
Old 05-27-2009, 09:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RJ999
I created this online gallery for that very purpose. It will give you an idea on the lift / tire setup. Congrats on your RUBI!
Great job on creating and maintaining that gallery. Kudos to you for your dedication.
Old 05-27-2009, 01:16 PM
JK Newbie

Here is mine i love the re kit but it is a 4.5 LA hope this will help
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3474.jpg
Views:	166
Size:	96.8 KB
ID:	24706  
Old 05-27-2009, 03:37 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
Look more at function than cost when you consider your suspension kit. At 3.5" you start creeping up on the range of needing to replace other suspension/driveline parts than just the springs and shocks....depending on how you will use it. I think Teraflex has the best reputation for the JK suspension and the flex arms will provide you exactly what you need in the longrun. Perhaps a 4" kit would suit your needs. If anything, you could always buy the Teraflex short arm kit then upgrade to getting the long arms when you feel ready (either with $ or use).
Thanx for the great advices; this is why I want to go with RE 3.5. it doesnt require new driveshafts (on 4 doors) for the moment and can be upgraded to LA system later, and it also comes with a full flexarms system... sounds like a good deal to me. Teraflex 4'' was my first choice, but i couldnt justify the price for equivalent system parts.
Old 05-27-2009, 03:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by RJ999
yep; thats one handsome idea! it should become a sticky;

You should also put some flexing pictures!

Thank you all for ur congrats Im so happy with it so far. I use to have jeeps in the past and i was missing this so much;
Old 05-27-2009, 06:23 PM
JK Junkie

COngrats on the new Jeep, I've been researching for my lift a lot too, be sure to check out the Currie and Clayton lifts and talk to David at Northridge, great customer service

Quick Reply: Rubicon Express 3.5'' 4 doors