Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

"Rubiclone" Decal - Flame or Fine in this situation?

Old 05-13-2010, 07:03 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I like it. A bit of self-depreciating fun goes a long my way IMO. Anyways, it's your decision - who cares what anyone else thinks.

Of course I'm biased. Done much the same thing but beefed the D30 and put a Rubi T/C in. It's been a lot of fun (and a great learning experience) off-roading it as its grown up over the last few years.

Goodbye Sahara ... hello Rubi Con.

Old 05-13-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by dmhines
Nice JK ... looking great! Folks always ask me what a MAVERICON is ...

A really drunk girl at the beach said "is a saharacon kinda like a rubicon?" I replied "its just like it, only better because all saharacons come with me" And yes, that line ACTUALLY worked.
Old 05-13-2010, 07:51 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think its awesome !!
Old 05-13-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by redrockin7
"Like I said in the OP, I wasn't going to take it off even if I got 100 flames and no support..."
Originally Posted by redrockin7
Just thought of this, but I guess the more interesting experiment (if flames are interesting to you LOL) would been to not mention my mods at all and just post a picture of the sticker... While it seems 80/20 (pos/neg) now, it might be flipped without the knowledge of the mods. Damn, why didn't I think of this earlier.
Agree on both points, it's your jeep so who cares what anybody else thinks! And if you would have just posted up a pic with a poll it would have been interesting what the results/comments where without knowing about the mods. BTW - you did a great job with your build!
Old 05-13-2010, 09:55 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
BTW - you did a great job with your build!
Thanks, means a lot coming from someone with your build! Still drooling over the coilovers...
Old 05-13-2010, 10:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great man don't worry about any haters they're more than likely just mad that your shit is nicer than theirs..in my opinion its a jeep and that's a win no matter how u look at it
Old 05-13-2010, 01:20 PM
JK Enthusiast

hell yeah, deff no flaming, you got a 44 up front ur one step ahead of the other "x"'s
Old 05-13-2010, 01:33 PM
JK Enthusiast

Default Flame or Fine

Cool sticker, very suited for your build.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:43 PM
JK Super Freak

I think it's a great, original idea. Nice build.

On a side note, where did you find the Rubi axles? And who did the swap?

I am located in Philadelphia and I have been trying to figure out whether to get Rubi axles with the e-lockers or whether I should just bite the bullet and save up for an ARB for the rear and a Pro Rock 44 with an ARB, either a chromo or RCV shaft, and 5.13s up front. Also going to be adding either an Atlas or figuring out the Rubicrawler deal. My timeline for my stage two of my build is within the next 2 years, so I do have some time.

In the meantime, I am putting in an Aussie locker in my D30 and installing 5.13s front and rear in the coming weeks. A local guy in Temple, PA, Down N Dirty Offroad is doing my gears and locker install. Figure I can just use the rear 44 with my 5.13s installed and add an ARB in the future, that should take care of the rear. For the front run the ProRock 44 with ARB, either a chromo or RCV shaft and 5.13s, for my jump to 38.5/14.5/16 KM2s.

I'm also trying to figure out which route is more cost effective. Sorry to ramble - I guess I am trying to figure out my axle options including wheels and tires, for under $8,000. The transfer case swap out is a whole 'nother story... Thanks for the help.
Old 05-13-2010, 04:47 PM
JK Super Freak

"Not just a 'lifted X with 35s' "

Really, cause a lifted X with 35's is incapable off offroading and doesnt have a single adequate part in it to make it "off road worthy"?

Hmm, I must be mistaken, I only drive one, but then again I wouldnt care anyways, cause I dont overly concern myself with what other people think about the rig I drive and I spent MY money on for the mods that I want

Stock X's are just as capable too, gotta start somewhere

Quick Reply: "Rubiclone" Decal - Flame or Fine in this situation?