Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

"Rubiclone" Decal - Flame or Fine in this situation?

Old 05-13-2010, 05:14 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default "Rubiclone" Decal - Flame or Fine in this situation?

Ok, so let me first say that I whatever comments I get probably will not change my mind on running this for at least a while - maybe forever. I like the way it looks and I think I have a rational reason for doing it. I'm also going to take the "flames" and the "fines" without much comment from this end, no matter how harsh. I did the mods I did (many Rubi, many > Rubi) and this still cost me < a stock Rubi due to the good price I got my X at as a leftover. So, I'm going to give you the facts now, the pictures now, and just looking for some feedback.

Anyway, I bought a JK X in 2008 and have since been modding it. You can't see my (fairly) extensive mod list in the sig b/c my sig won't work for some reason, but that's another story. Anyway, in the progression I went through rubicon wheels and tires (the stock 32s) on my way up to 35s and aftermarket wheels. I have all the rubicon skids (plus some aftermarket ones). I have the rubicon rock sliders. I have quick disonnects, though they are not e-Qd b/c I wouldn't want it (one more thing to break). Most importantly to this topic is probably the fact I did a Rubicon axle swap - D44 front and rear, with the e-lockers. I also went a step further and have 5.13 gears in these axles - which is, as you know, an improvement. Admittedly, I do not yet have the Rubi t-case installed but I am going to work on scoring a used one on the for sale forum if I can get it for the right price - after $225 install cost will have that as well. In the meantime my 3:1ish ratio t-case performs fine on PA trails, especially with the 5.13 gears. But, I am definitely doing the Rubi t-case if I can get a decent deal on a used one; honestly I can't afford an Atlas II LOL. So, basically everything Rubi or better - i.e. I have lift, 35s, aftermarket bumpers, offroad lights, etc. also. In this case is the decal "OK"?

I just wanted a way to take my X and let people know it's not just a lifted X with 35s, that there is some offroad substance to it - primarily that its locked front and rear, skidded up, and ready to (and does) see some rocks. I also just wanted to do something I haven't seen before. This is Rubi font exactly, ordered from pixeldecals. First pic has a "wrangler decal", second pic I removed it for a mount zion offroad sticker (a place I deal with), the other side has the JK sticker in place of those lower two stickers. Also, third and 4th pic do not have the decal, but wanted to give you general idea what the rig looked like, if it matters.

Let the flames or "fines" proceed:

Old 05-13-2010, 05:20 AM
JK Newbie

I like it!!
Old 05-13-2010, 05:22 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It looks okay to me, why are you so worried about what people think?. There is nothing wrong with a built 'X' at all.

All the mods sound good to me, the sticker is not what i'd put on mine, but if you like it. Run it.

Last edited by GoodysGotaCuda; 05-13-2010 at 05:35 AM.
Old 05-13-2010, 05:25 AM
JK Freak

Nice, I like the sticker... But why do you care about what people think ? Dude, your rig looks great and as long as it performs the way you want, way to go !
Old 05-13-2010, 05:29 AM
JK Freak

its fine by me...of course mine says this
Old 05-13-2010, 05:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

hey bro, if you like it - rock it. your JK is looking bad ass doesn't matter about a decal.

-G
Old 05-13-2010, 05:37 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada
But why do you care about what people think?!
Like I said in the OP, I wasn't going to take it off even if I got 100 flames and no support. I like the way it looks, it's different, and I can explain/support why I did it.

I honestly was just bored at work and curious as to what type of reception it would get...

At the very least, I figure its a conversation piece... LOL
Old 05-13-2010, 05:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

I like it man! It's your own, so do what you want!

On this subject, I saw a GC with a Rubi sticker the other day........
Old 05-13-2010, 05:44 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Russrover
On this subject, I saw a GC with a Rubi sticker the other day........
That's classic. LOL.

Who knows, maybe it had D44s and lockers? But I doubt it...
Old 05-13-2010, 05:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Who knows! Passed him in traffic, and I could have run over him. But I really do like yours man!

Quick Reply: "Rubiclone" Decal - Flame or Fine in this situation?