Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rough Country dual stabilizer

Old 06-08-2010, 02:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rfrogman
Installed my Rough Country Dual Stabilizer on the JK today

This is the first triple steering stabilizer I have ever seen. Your steering must be stiff as hell.
Old 06-08-2010, 02:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Installed my Rough Country Dual Stabilizer on the JK today

Hey man,

Nice stabilizer, I run the same one and think it's great.

However as a warning, you might want to shoot a weld bead along the U-Bolts where they attach to the axle.

Even with correct torque, you might find in heavy articulation/rocks the center bracket can rotate downwards and jam into the link.

It happened the first time out and it is freaky as hell when you get the jeep back up to speed. The wheel will not return to center since the twin stabilizer bracket is jamming into the link.

After shitting a brick and being really puzzled on "what did I break", I finally realized what happened. Loosened up the U bolts and straightened the bracket out. When I got home, I reset everything and put two weld beads along the back of the U bolt to the axle housing.

Since then, over a year of wheeling with zero issues
Old 06-08-2010, 07:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rnjstel
Hey man,

Nice stabilizer, I run the same one and think it's great.

However as a warning, you might want to shoot a weld bead along the U-Bolts where they attach to the axle.

Even with correct torque, you might find in heavy articulation/rocks the center bracket can rotate downwards and jam into the link.

It happened the first time out and it is freaky as hell when you get the jeep back up to speed. The wheel will not return to center since the twin stabilizer bracket is jamming into the link.

After shitting a brick and being really puzzled on "what did I break", I finally realized what happened. Loosened up the U bolts and straightened the bracket out. When I got home, I reset everything and put two weld beads along the back of the U bolt to the axle housing.

Since then, over a year of wheeling with zero issues
Thank you for the advise.
Old 06-08-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by DTJK
This is the first triple steering stabilizer I have ever seen. Your steering must be stiff as hell.
Nope steering feels good. It was soft before and now it is just right. Mine is not hitting anything and install wasn't hard at all.

With all this bashing I am sure glad I shared!
Old 06-08-2010, 09:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have this setup as well and love it.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:39 PM
JK Enthusiast

Nope steering feels good. It was soft before and now it is just right. Mine is not hitting anything and install wasn't hard at all.

With all this bashing I am sure glad I shared!
The pic just looks like you still have the stock stabilizer installed. I was just trying to be a smart bass.
Old 06-08-2010, 09:55 PM
JK Junkie

Congrats on the new mod....I'm running the same setup.....its great......my steering feels perfect now.....

Quick Reply: Rough Country dual stabilizer