Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rough Country dual stabilizer

Old 06-07-2010, 05:30 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rough Country dual stabilizer

Installed my Rough Country Dual Stabilizer on the JK today

Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Those shock stems are big man. I bet they will work bitchin.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:10 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Looks good! But that's actually about all they're good for over a single stabilizer. I've pulled mine off and replaced with a single Tera stabilizer,no difference other than all that crap doesn't bang into stuff in my front end now. Live and learn.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:27 PM
JK Freak

Yep, those brackets and bolts hanging down are a design flaw. I caught a rock my first time out and twisted it behind the tie rod. Then, when I turned, the power sterring took over and bent the sway bar link tab. I was able to fix it but would have rather been wheeling.

See how the sway bar tab is right behind it...

Old 06-07-2010, 06:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JoeBlob
Yep, those brackets and bolts hanging down are a design flaw. I caught a rock my first time out and twisted it behind the tie rod. Then, when I turned, the power sterring took over and bent the sway bar link tab. I was able to fix it but would have rather been wheeling.

Did the rock hit shift the mount that far from the passenger side or did you mount it shorter than the instructions? Sorry it did work for you. I'll have to see how it works for me.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:47 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mkjeep
Looks good! But that's actually about all they're good for over a single stabilizer. I've pulled mine off and replaced with a single Tera stabilizer,no difference other than all that crap doesn't bang into stuff in my front end now. Live and learn.
Wow you guy's waisted no time to shoot down this guy's happy balloon. You could have just him learn all on his own given the fact that he has already spent the money on them. But I will say..................the truth hurts.
Old 06-07-2010, 06:50 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rfrogman
Did the rock hit shift the mount that far from the passenger side or did you mount it shorter than the instructions? Sorry it did work for you. I'll have to see how it works for me.
The mount didn't move left/right at all. I was backing over a rock and it just rotated so the bolts were straight up. ...which caused the stabilizer to twist with it and line up perfectly with the sway bar tab. If there was a way to mount it with the bolts up, it would be fine.

Last edited by JoeBlob; 06-07-2010 at 07:11 PM.
Old 06-07-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by rfrogman
Installed my Rough Country Dual Stabilizer on the JK today

Looks good dude, I'm running it as well!
Old 06-07-2010, 07:37 PM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by JoeBlob

Your sway link bushing looks abit shot there bud. Those brackets for the ends are weak as shit. They bend around the tie rod pretty good when you tighten them down.I had to cut the U- bolts on mine to get them off.The u-bolts had spread out so much.

Last edited by mkjeep; 06-07-2010 at 07:43 PM.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:19 AM
JK Freak

I am running it also, looks good, decent performance, but not an off road upgrade. It is damn near impossible to install it without it hitting something. Then when you disconnect the swaybar links it hits everything!

Quick Reply: Rough Country dual stabilizer