Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RotopaX on the Tailgate

Old 07-01-2011, 12:33 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Sharkey
Nice. Any chance you could tell me how far that sticks back off of the tailgate? I'm trying to figure out is that dual setup would work with the standard OR-Fab can/tire carrier. Thanks.
The Element Plate with the RotoPax universal plate mounted measures approximately 1.5" from the tailgate. Each RotoPax is 3" thick. So one set of RotoPax's mounted on the Element Plate would measure 4.5" from the spare tire mounting surface.
Old 08-07-2012, 01:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jonster
This is what I did with mine. One on both sides. I will be looking into the extenders soon.

What mount was used for this? More pictures please?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:34 PM
JK Enthusiast

Can you run this setup with the XRC tire carrier? Can you fit at least 2 cans behind the tire carrier?
Old 08-07-2012, 01:49 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeeper'08
Can you run this setup with the XRC tire carrier? Can you fit at least 2 cans behind the tire carrier?
There must be 1" of clearance between your tire carrier and the tailgate surface the Element Plate would mount to just to fit the Element Plate. If you want to run 1 layer of Rotopax containers on the Element Plate, you would need 4.5" from the tailgate surface to the contact point of the XRC tire carrier. It looks like our Exo Rack(Vector Offroad)(https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...k-rack-219994/) will work with the XRC carrier if the Element Plate set up doesn't work with your application though.

Last edited by Vector Offroad; 08-07-2012 at 01:52 PM.
Old 08-07-2012, 04:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Vector Offroad
There must be 1" of clearance between your tire carrier and the tailgate surface the Element Plate would mount to just to fit the Element Plate. If you want to run 1 layer of Rotopax containers on the Element Plate, you would need 4.5" from the tailgate surface to the contact point of the XRC tire carrier. It looks like our Exo Rack(Vector Offroad)(https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/spon...k-rack-219994/) will work with the XRC carrier if the Element Plate set up doesn't work with your application though.
Cool deal, hopefully I can get these whenever I do get my carrier.. Thanks for the help man!

Quick Reply: RotopaX on the Tailgate