Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rotopax

Old 06-29-2011, 02:53 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered my rotopaxs and am wondering who all has them and your thoughts. Pics would be great

Last edited by dubyas-eep; 06-29-2011 at 03:10 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by dubyas-eep
Just orders my rotopaxs and am wondering who all has them and your thoughts. Pics would be great

I love mine! I like all the options that they offer.
Old 06-29-2011, 03:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

I was thinking about the water one, but wife was wondering if there was any taste from the plastic
Old 06-29-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Water one may be better used for coolant/radiator if needed. Dog bowl water maybe
Old 06-29-2011, 03:25 PM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by dubyas-eep
I was thinking about the water one, but wife was wondering if there was any taste from the plastic
No experience with Rotopax, but what "taste free" options might there be? Maybe a more valid question is are these BPA free?
Old 06-30-2011, 08:35 AM
JK Junkie

Rotopax are great. Very versatile, Here is my current set up with two 4 gallon containers:

I also have brackets for 3 gallon containers on the basket, but don't use them much.
Old 06-30-2011, 08:40 AM
JK Junkie

One other thing; go ahead and order their "Self-Venting Spout" (SKU: RX-SP-VENT) for each gas container you order - you'll thank me later...
Old 06-30-2011, 04:45 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by CALIJK
One other thing; go ahead and order their "Self-Venting Spout" (SKU: RX-SP-VENT) for each gas container you order - you'll thank me later...
Is that much extra? I did not know about it when I ordered and my tanks swelled and shrunk radically.
Old 07-03-2011, 09:30 AM
JK Freak

Default Spare Tire mount

Is anyone running the spare tire mount? The one that ratchets to your tire? I'm looking at this setup and wondering if i had 2-2 gallon containers on each side if it would hold it? Feedback please.....
Old 07-06-2011, 02:08 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by jonster
Is that much extra? I did not know about it when I ordered and my tanks swelled and shrunk radically.
The swelling and shrinking of the plastic tanks is to be expected and fine. (On especially hot days on the trail, I usually unscrew the lid at least once a day to vent them, but I've also not done that and they were fine.)

I suggested that you get the self-venting spouts (only venting when you are actually pouring gas), because they are much easier to use than the spouts that come with the gas cans. I think they are about $15 each.

Quick Reply: Rotopax