Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

roof racks

Old 02-27-2011, 11:02 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

For those of you with the Gobi rack:
If there's no drilling, which existing holes are used?
Also, it looks like the rear supports rest on the rear bumper - is the bumper actually bearing some of the weight of the rack?

Thanks in advance - I'll be shopping for a rack suitable for transporting a 16' canoe this spring.

KD
Old 03-04-2011, 08:30 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

What kind of shade is that? By the way, I have the MBRP & love it. It also makes a great place to attach for lifing the hard top. Only disadvantage is you loose the rack when you switch to the soft top for summer.

Originally Posted by coastie kyle
MBRP

Old 03-04-2011, 08:33 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
The MBRP Rack is fully removable and makes taking your hard top on and off a breeze. It can be used as a lifting point and can be hoisted off the Jeep in seconds with the right set up in your garage. On the flip side, if you park out side, the side bars make it really easy to walk the hard top right off the back of the Jeep. You will have the use of the rack when running the hard top, and the ease of removal when you want to run soft top, or no top...

Let me know if you have any questions about the product.

Steve
If you get the "front bar" for the rack, it looks like you can leave that on, and put a hitch-mounted T-bar for carrying kayaks when you have the soft top on.
Old 03-04-2011, 09:36 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YellowToy
What kind of shade is that? By the way, I have the MBRP & love it. It also makes a great place to attach for lifing the hard top. Only disadvantage is you loose the rack when you switch to the soft top for summer.
Thats a Mombasa Awning. Its an easy install on the MBRP. You just have to go to Lowes and get 2" stainless U-bolts to bolt down the supplied L-brackets to the bars of the rack. Everything you basically want to put on the MBRP rack requires you to modify or buy new hardware because of the size of the bars. But it is a very sturdy rack. I just switched to the Gobi though.
Old 03-18-2011, 02:38 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by oruacat2
For those of you with the Gobi rack:
If there's no drilling, which existing holes are used?
Also, it looks like the rear supports rest on the rear bumper - is the bumper actually bearing some of the weight of the rack?

Thanks in advance - I'll be shopping for a rack suitable for transporting a 16' canoe this spring.

KD
The rack install using the factory mounting holes for the rear bumper. The actual bumper does NOT bear any of the load.

Santa was good to me... knew i needed a better way to haul my kayaks.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	4a.jpg
Views:	331
Size:	76.8 KB
ID:	139289   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0398.jpg
Views:	319
Size:	69.7 KB
ID:	139290  
Old 03-18-2011, 04:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

Love my Gobi. Thanks to Alpha Expedition!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:09 AM
JK Enthusiast

wild boar rack, couldnt be happier with it!

Old 03-21-2011, 10:13 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YellowToy
Spoke with MBRP today and they said they do not have plans for a 2011 model

I would LOVE to have one, but it won't fit my 2011 Rubicon.
Old 03-21-2011, 10:39 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by MBRP Tech 1
The MBRP Rack is fully removable and makes taking your hard top on and off a breeze. It can be used as a lifting point and can be hoisted off the Jeep in seconds with the right set up in your garage. On the flip side, if you park out side, the side bars make it really easy to walk the hard top right off the back of the Jeep. You will have the use of the rack when running the hard top, and the ease of removal when you want to run soft top, or no top...

Let me know if you have any questions about the product.

Steve
when is the design going to be complete for the 2011 and do you need anyone to test protos for you???
Old 03-21-2011, 10:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by BADBOY-RUBICON
Spoke with MBRP today and they said they do not have plans for a 2011 model

I would LOVE to have one, but it won't fit my 2011 Rubicon.
yea nevermind.

Quick Reply: roof racks