Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

roof racks

Old 02-14-2011, 07:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

the MBRP is nice, but I wanted a rack that i could use with my soft top, hard top, or no top. Also I didnt want to drill. I saw a yellow unlimited with a gobi rack and it sold me. I ordered mine a few weeks ago.
Old 02-14-2011, 09:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

I still wish I could find more info on the roll bar rack that Kargo Master makes. It's in the 4WD/4 Wheel Parts catalog in the Kargo Master section. I can't tell if its just bars that a rack bolts to or if its a complete rack that attaches to the roll bars. I think I'm going to try to fab my own bars that attach to the roll bars because I desperately need something to pop my canoe on. Has anyone else done anything like this?
Old 02-15-2011, 11:58 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by Supro
I still wish I could find more info on the roll bar rack that Kargo Master makes. It's in the 4WD/4 Wheel Parts catalog in the Kargo Master section. I can't tell if its just bars that a rack bolts to or if its a complete rack that attaches to the roll bars. I think I'm going to try to fab my own bars that attach to the roll bars because I desperately need something to pop my canoe on. Has anyone else done anything like this?
Are you looking for something like this:

http://www.olympic4x4products.com/utility-racks/908-quick-n-easy-rack
Old 02-15-2011, 12:50 PM
JK Jedi

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by bstpierre

Are you looking for something like this:

olympic4x4products.com/utility-racks/908-quick-n-easy-rack
Those are for TJs, not JKs.

I use the Thule rack... they rest on the gutters of the Hardtop, and when I'm topless, they fit on the door surrounds as well.

Last edited by HappyCurmudgeon; 02-22-2011 at 09:36 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 01:03 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by remark
Gobi is great and X2 on the no drilling anything.
Attachment 123582Attachment 123583Attachment 123584Attachment 123585
x3 on the Gobi!
Old 02-17-2011, 05:14 AM
JK Enthusiast

I've been interested in hauling a kayak this summer and in the future. I'd prefer a mounting solution that is easily removable. IE: it's 5PM, I leave work, 6:00 I'm at the lake with the kayak.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:19 AM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by BigRedJK
Those are for TJs, not JKs.

I use the Thule rack... they rest on the gutters of the Hardtop, and when I'm topless, they fit on the door surrounds as well.
Or what I have done in a pinch, you can throw on your freedom panels and clamp the Thule gutter mounts & bars on your front panels.

Last edited by RevyJKU08; 02-17-2011 at 11:33 AM.
Old 02-17-2011, 11:00 AM
JK Enthusiast

If price is an issue I highly recommend the Kongo Racks. I got mine on craigslist for 200 with crossbars. Normally 350 or something like that? I've put alot of weight on it with no issues or movement.
Soft top, hard top, bikini top, doesn't matter. Super solid.
If you don't care about price, then look at gobi and the other racks. MRBP is only good if you're keeping the hard top on. Click image for larger version

Name:	0217100922.jpg
Views:	406
Size:	74.1 KB
ID:	128181Click image for larger version

Name:	1009090726.jpg
Views:	377
Size:	54.3 KB
ID:	128182
Old 02-17-2011, 01:34 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer
MBRP Representative

Originally Posted by Elegabalus
I've been interested in hauling a kayak this summer and in the future. I'd prefer a mounting solution that is easily removable. IE: it's 5PM, I leave work, 6:00 I'm at the lake with the kayak.
The MBRP Rack is fully removable and makes taking your hard top on and off a breeze. It can be used as a lifting point and can be hoisted off the Jeep in seconds with the right set up in your garage. On the flip side, if you park out side, the side bars make it really easy to walk the hard top right off the back of the Jeep. You will have the use of the rack when running the hard top, and the ease of removal when you want to run soft top, or no top...

Let me know if you have any questions about the product.

Steve
Old 02-17-2011, 02:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Home made roof rack

I couldn't find what I wanted so I made it at work. I wanted to stick with aluminum and stainless so it will last for many years. I bolted extruded aluminum rails on the hard top so I can move the crossbars to the front or back or remove them completely. I also wanted to keep them lower than most of the Yakima or Thule racks. I got them anodized so that should help them resist the road salt. Had to install a fairing though, otherwise they would hum on the highway. Have carried two kayaks at highway speeds without issue.

Quick Reply: roof racks