Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rolling Billboard - PTSDUSA Build

Old 06-09-2014, 07:44 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rolling Billboard - PTSDUSA Build

(Originally post in Mod Tech...wrong section)

Greetings,

My Name is Jeff and I am the Walker County Texas Veterans Coordinator and Peer Support Group Mentor for the PTSD Foundation of America located in Houston, Texas (a 501c3 charity). The PTSD Foundation of America operates a live in, interim housing treatment facility in Houston, Texas called "Camp Hope". Both the Camp Hope director and I are members of this forum and both have black 2014 JKU Rubicons that we will be modding and, although they are our personal vehicles and daily drivers...they serve as "Rolling Billboards" for the PTSDUSA.org

First...let me start by saying that this is in fact a thread about my Jeep build and the mods I plan on doing as part of my "Rolling Billboard" to bring awareness and support for the treatment of Post Traumatic Stress (PTSD). As I know that a great many Jeepers are currently serving military members or veterans...along with the good ol' "Red, White, and Blue" Americans that support our military, I'd like you to take a couple of minutes to see who we are and what we do ( http://ptsdusa.org/ ). I feel that a great way to bring attention to the care and treatment our organization provides is with a "Rolling Billboard" (my jeep) and so, I want to build a head turner to attract attention in hopes that the public will take notice and support our cause. The VA recently sent out a survey to all 50 states, and with only 21 states responding...found that 22 veterans a day take their own life as a result of suffering from PTSD, that is about 1 every 65 minutes. During the Viet Nam war for example, we lost a little over 58,200 warriors to combat with the enemy...over 150,000 have taken their own life since as a result of their battle with PTSD. That is unacceptable. If you are, or know a veteran that suffers from PTSD...please, please, please seek help, if not with us, then find it somewhere, don't think that you can "Man" through it...or, it will pass, learn to manage it and get better. Taking care of America's veterans is a community effort...these are our neighbors, friends, co-workers and relatives. They are the people you see in the grocery store and the people you go to church with...and they need your help and support. If anyone has any questions...please feel free to contact us from the information on the website or PM me.

Anyone wishing to help can find donation information (both personal and corporate sponsorship) on the website.

On to the good stuff...while yes I will be building a functional off road machine (taking vets fishing, camping, and hopefully to some Jeep events)...admittedly, I am concerned with looks more so than function for the reasons stated above. So far, the only mod done is the AEV 2" Spacer Suspension (Because the stock Rubicon suspension doesn't suck) so that I can stuff some 35's under there soon. Ordered are some 17" MB Wheels TKO's w/4.5" BS in flat black that should go on next week. Probably going with either JCR Dagger Stubby Pre-runner front and Vanguard rear bumpers and JCR Crusader Sliders or the same Poison Spyder Brawler Lite bumpers and Brawler slider setup. Cut or Bushwacker flat fenders and an AEV Heat Reduction Hood or Poison Spyder louvers w/snorkel. Next will be the Dynomax Ultra Flo Evolution exhaust and topping it off with a roof rack system that I haven't decided on yet.

Hopefully, I should be able to update this thread about once a month (as money permits) with a new mod for you guys look at...Here is a shot of my Jeep as she sits today...more to follow...

Last edited by Fatalis; 06-10-2014 at 07:21 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:18 AM
JK Newbie

Got the new wheels today (DTD ordered the wrong caps but, will have Chaos Caps on in two days). MB TKO's - 17x8.5 4.5"BS...ready for some 35's now...

Update***New Caps Installed***

Last edited by Fatalis; 06-30-2014 at 05:07 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Stubbied the Bumper until I get a real one...

Last edited by Fatalis; 06-30-2014 at 05:20 PM.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:22 AM
JK Newbie

Dynomax Ultra Flo Evolution installed...very happy

Last edited by Fatalis; 07-17-2014 at 08:23 AM.
Old 06-12-2014, 11:23 AM
JK Newbie

Reserved for updates...
Old 06-30-2014, 05:07 PM
JK Newbie

Reserved for Updates...
Old 07-17-2014, 08:24 AM
JK Newbie

Slowly but surely...
Old 07-17-2014, 11:57 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatalis
Dynomax Ultra Flo Evolution installed...very happy

Whats that red thing on your intermediate pipe. I ask because I have a leak in that same spot where the muffler connects to the pipe
Old 07-17-2014, 04:35 PM
JK Newbie

it came with that protective tape on the end of the pipe, left it on...prolly burn off as time goes by...
Old 07-17-2014, 04:58 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fatalis
it came with that protective tape on the end of the pipe, left it on...prolly burn off as time goes by...
Gotcha thanks thought it was some type of sealant

Quick Reply: Rolling Billboard - PTSDUSA Build