Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rockhard Cage + No top

Old 07-29-2009, 09:29 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

A bolt in cage serves its purpose, I bet that roll over would of been worse without it.
You also have to consider the fail points. The factory bar bent which is weakly bolted on on the b-pillar, allowing it some give. Also where the bars go to the side plates by the dash, tubes down to the floor would be ideal.

For a hard core rock crawler a full cage is the way to go. For a daily driver/ fun rig to hit the trails the add on sport cage is a great way to add some protection for that unexpected flop.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:40 AM
JK Super Freak

I don't at all knock anybody for using one of these...at least you guys are trying to add some protection ...I would bust a YJ/TJ owners balls way before a JK owner because it's pretty easy and cheap to make a cage for those...but now that we've done my JK cage...... it's a pain in the ASS
Old 07-29-2009, 10:32 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by x No Compromise Offroad x
I don't at all knock anybody for using one of these...at least you guys are trying to add some protection ...I would bust a YJ/TJ owners balls way before a JK owner because it's pretty easy and cheap to make a cage for those...but now that we've done my JK cage...... it's a pain in the ASS
If anyone can knock a bolt-in its you my friend, your cage could probably drive off of the cliff and not look any different
Old 07-29-2009, 11:01 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ya, not knocking anyone for having one... I will probably get one cause it looks cool might look into possibly tie ins to the frame...
Old 07-29-2009, 01:51 PM
JK Newbie

I have to believe that the bolt in cage is a better option then stock, especially for those of us running soft tops and passengers in the rear seats.

Highway speeds? I dont want to think about that......

Has any one made/installed a full roll bar kit welded into the frame for a 4 door JK yet?

Mikey
Old 07-29-2009, 02:27 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

there was one in a post on here not too long ago... white JK with a bull weld in... hmmm where was it
Old 07-29-2009, 03:35 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by SgtMikey

Has any one made/installed a full roll bar kit welded into the frame for a 4 door JK yet?

Mikey

there is the one that Overkill Engineering did on a rescue green 4 door...WAY to elaborate...but there name is "OVERKILL" ...check it out

overkilleng.com
Old 07-30-2009, 05:09 AM
Jsr
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ge2
Any specific angles you want that aren't pictued here? Let me know and I'll go snap them right now.
Mind getting a shot of the bar that goes across the dash (straight on say from backseat) and the upper bar that is above the "dash bar", same sorta shot from the backseat.

Cheers.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:10 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rballman
DAMN and that is WITH the cage??? I would have thought it was stronger than this.
How can you say that without knowing what happened in the accident????

For all you know that Jeep was dropped from a 747 @ 20,000 ft.
Old 08-02-2009, 07:49 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by JPTwinz
How can you say that without knowing what happened in the accident????

For all you know that Jeep was dropped from a 747 @ 20,000 ft.
RIIIIIIGHT

looks like a classic end over end roll to me

Last edited by x No Compromise Offroad x; 08-02-2009 at 08:18 PM.

Quick Reply: Rockhard Cage + No top