Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rock trac vs Command trac

Old 01-24-2010, 11:15 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock trac vs Command trac

How well does the command trac do offroad? I'm looking to buy a jeep 4 door wranlger and would like to go offroading now and then, and not sure if i wanna pay the extra $5000 for a rubicon. If i want to put a 4 inch lift with 35 inch tires... will i have to regear with an "X" if i do that? thanks for the help,
Grant
Old 01-24-2010, 11:19 PM
JK Newbie

ALSO, wheres the best place to look for used jeep unlimiteds? any suggestions? thanks so much!
Old 01-25-2010, 05:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Look on autotrader.com The all the transfer cases do fine, but the Rubicon has more than a lower geared transfer case. It has a Dana 44 up front and lockers. With all that said I have a Sahara and love it. All are very capable off road.
Old 01-25-2010, 01:00 PM
JK Newbie

I think I might save some money and go with the 'x' then. Will it come with a locking rear or limited slip or anything? I'm just selling an f-150 4x4 to get a jeep and I want it to be at least more offroad capable than that. With my f150, if ONE tire slips then you're stuck... Will this happen with a 'X'?
Old 01-25-2010, 05:32 PM
JK Newbie

Ok thanks for the help. Does the x have limited slip to keep from getting stuck from one wheel spinning? I just hate that about my f150
Old 01-25-2010, 05:35 PM
JK Newbie

Also, all I plan to do is put a 4 inch lift on it with 35 inch tires. Will that need regearing with the x? What will my gas mileage be like?
Old 01-25-2010, 05:40 PM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

All of the JK's haver something called Brake Lock Differential..

Basically if a wheel is in the air, the JK applies the brake to it and that forces the opposing wheel to turn..

It works REALLY WELL.. Well enough to keep lockers off my short list.
Old 01-25-2010, 05:48 PM
JK Newbie

Ok awesome man I think I'll just go with the x then.. Just want it to be good enough offroad to take a couple weekend trips a year to the offroad park. Sounds like that'll be good enough for that. Will I need to regear for 35 inch tires and a 4 inch lift?
Old 01-25-2010, 06:05 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by grantoser
Ok thanks for the help. Does the x have limited slip to keep from getting stuck from one wheel spinning? I just hate that about my f150
LSD is an option on the X.
Old 01-25-2010, 07:05 PM
JK Newbie

ok thanks!

what about...
Originally Posted by grantoser
Ok awesome man I think I'll just go with the x then.. Just want it to be good enough offroad to take a couple weekend trips a year to the offroad park. Sounds like that'll be good enough for that. Will I need to regear for 35 inch tires and a 4 inch lift?

Quick Reply: Rock trac vs Command trac