Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

rock slide engineering bumpers

Old 09-03-2009, 06:56 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
maybe availability? I don't like the front (too futuristic)... rear is nice though
as opposed to shrockworks
Old 09-03-2009, 08:37 AM
JK Freak

planman.

nice explanation. thanks.
what you are saying makes perfect sense and i understand. it's just that members on this forum are very knowledgeable and current on all things jk.

we like to show all products available for everyone's benefit of price, quality and looks, regardless of whether they are sponsoring vendor's or not.

maybe it is the fact that they are indeed a fairly new company. someone in charge of the forum should ask them to become a sponsoring vendor.

by the way, they have sweet rock rails too!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:53 AM
Eternal ***erator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Hbomb
so why does no one run these? the quality seems and the look is, a lot better, than most bumpers people run on this forum.
"look" is subjective, not universal. what one person thinks looks awesome, looks like dog waste to the next.

A lot of the bumpers in production are excellent quality with top notch welds, i dont see anything in the welds or seams on these i dont see when i look at my own Jeep. Yeah, they are nice, but not moreso than others on the market. (some of course do look like crap, but certainly not all)

I havent seen these until recently. the rear i like better than the front, the swingaway looks interesting. I dont like the laser cutouts at all.

I am not knocking these by any means, but if they where all in a pile when i got mine, i'd still have picked the same ones that are on my Jeep now, I simply like mine better. I am sure more people will be running these as they become available.
Old 09-03-2009, 08:59 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by greenamphibious
maybe availability? I don't like the front (too futuristic)... rear is nice though
It took about 2 weeks to get mine and about half of that was transit time. Hopefully I'll get time this weekend to install it, so I can post some pics
Old 09-03-2009, 09:02 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
It took about 2 weeks to get mine and about half of that was transit time. Hopefully I'll get time this weekend to install it, so I can post some pics
sweet! the front or rear?

you're the one who will be able to give us first hand account of these bumpers.
how were they packaged?
Old 09-03-2009, 09:07 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon
"look" is subjective, not universal. what one person thinks looks awesome, looks like dog waste to the next.

A lot of the bumpers in production are excellent quality with top notch welds, i dont see anything in the welds or seams on these i dont see when i look at my own Jeep. Yeah, they are nice, but not moreso than others on the market. (some of course do look like crap, but certainly not all)

I havent seen these until recently. the rear i like better than the front, the swingaway looks interesting. I dont like the laser cutouts at all.

I am not knocking these by any means, but if they where all in a pile when i got mine, i'd still have picked the same ones that are on my Jeep now, I simply like mine better. I am sure more people will be running these as they become available.
Well said The huge variety of quality parts out there makes it possible to have a unique jeep and not a clone .
Old 09-03-2009, 09:08 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by HappyCurmudgeon

true...........true

i prefer my mbrp front bumper as well.

but they are definitely worthy of some sort of recognition by someone by now.

pretty much every other bumper available, from a business anyways, has been mentioned on this forum.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:17 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Hbomb
sweet! the front or rear?

you're the one who will be able to give us first hand account of these bumpers.
how were they packaged?
The front. It is even nicer in person. Very well made and very nice powder coat.

The packaging was well thought out too. Despite ups' best efforts, the bumper arrived unscathed. The box had some dent and puctures in it, but the foam inside was thick enough to prevent the bumper from being scratched. I'll have to take some pics of the packaging too.
Old 09-03-2009, 09:32 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by bly109
The front. It is even nicer in person. Very well made and very nice powder coat.

The packaging was well thought out too. Despite ups' best efforts, the bumper arrived unscathed. The box had some dent and puctures in it, but the foam inside was thick enough to prevent the bumper from being scratched. I'll have to take some pics of the packaging too.
so far, so good
Old 11-01-2009, 12:31 PM
JK Super Freak

I like their stubby front bumper.

Quick Reply: rock slide engineering bumpers