Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rock Krawler vs. Teraflex

Old 01-30-2010, 04:36 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
your contradicting your self in the same sentence. why start a thread of "VS" when your sold on something? that makes no sense
I hope we don't have a war between TF and RK.

Thought the same thing. They both make great products. Can't go wrong either way.
Old 01-30-2010, 04:41 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Biggy
Thought the same thing. They both make great products. Can't go wrong either way.

yeh thats what i was thinking to??? so i guess it really matters just on how big you want to go
Old 01-30-2010, 05:44 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Lo2aY
your contradicting your self in the same sentence. why start a thread of "VS" when your sold on something? that makes no sense
I hope we don't have a war between TF and RK.
Agreed, no sense in even starting the thread if u already decided. And really, as far as lifts themselves, unless you've run both companies products, you really end up giving kinda a biased opinion on who you delt with.
Old 01-31-2010, 12:19 AM
JK Freak

Not lifts... i wanted to see new things my friends!! I heard the two were coming out with new ideas and plans and my answer thru the shocks and bumpstops was answered thank you. Not biased im sorry for confusion
Old 01-31-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

miller, you're already running 37's, why would you be interested in a new lift? and both Teraflex and Rock Krawler are great systems, you can find out a ton about both by searching and looking at the vendor forums.

But both Teraflex and Rock Krawler have posted up some pretty cool stuff. i like how teraflex told us what their lifts actually yield and how Rock Krawler is developing their new shocks and bump stops.
Old 10-05-2010, 04:44 PM
JK Newbie

I have been researching these 2 companies for a 2.5" Coil lift.

RK brought some good points to my attention. The biggest was that TeraFlex does not include an adjustable front track bar. They said they include one because of ESP and that if that front axle isn't centered under the vehicle, then the computer is going to be reading inaccurate information when the vehilces go into turns.

TF Does include Sway bar links, but they could always be added later if necessary, right?

THANX
Old 10-05-2010, 05:05 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Tera has done a great job on this forum. We certainly have not been on this forum as long, but we will let our products, features, customer service, and abuse proof lifetime warranty on all hard parts speak for itself.

All of our systems feature the ultimate in high clearance designs and durability. Tera has posted up their new shocks for this year by Elka which are nice!

We will be debuting our all aluminum RRD Racing shocks at Easter Jeep Safari. The emulsion versions will retail approximately at $125 per shock! Here is an image of what they will look like!

We will try to debut our new air over hydraulic over closed cell poly foam bump stops as well, but the timing is tight!

We will also have a bunch of other new products out there on display and some kick butt vehicles.

Rock Krawler
Their mission statement says it all!!!!!
Old 09-28-2012, 07:18 PM
JK Newbie

I'm looking at the RK 5.5" Long Arm Kit (X-Factor or Triple Threat) and was wondering what the overall height of the vehicle is running 37s?
My other option was something comparable in the TeraFlex Systems (they have so many options I'm not even sure what that is right now).

I'm building a trail jeep / crawler so I don't want to be too ridiculously tall so I wanted to check the height differences.
Old 09-29-2012, 12:01 AM
JK Enthusiast

ok ima stand up for rk cause i love my lift. the flex is crazy but i aint been able to compley flex it out yet. and ive tried like crazy.. the only thing im not happy about is my shocks, heres a pic or to of my baby first pic is how it sets now second pic is with the 37 pit bulls Click image for larger version

Name:	image-2116252407.jpg
Views:	300
Size:	102.5 KB
ID:	371906Click image for larger version

Name:	image-346080018.jpg
Views:	266
Size:	58.4 KB
ID:	371907
Old 09-29-2012, 02:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Either way you will not be disappointed with your choice between the 2. That said i went with RK 3.5 Max Travel and love it, just search RK lifts and you will see different threads.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler vs. Teraflex