Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rock Krawler Lift Question

Old 11-27-2011, 08:41 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rock Krawler Lift Question

I've read nothing but good things about Rock Krawler lifts - great quality, customer service, etc. My questions is this, are they more of a "crawler" lift or can they be loaded for Overland/Expedition use?

Last edited by Rickybobby12; 11-27-2011 at 08:46 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:23 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Off topic, but that is great user name op. Welcome to the forum.

On topic, these kits seem amazing. Try finding a bad review from someone who owns one. More likely to find a recommendation. I personally like the three link setup they offer, only in my dreams. If the springs are heavy duty you could probably load the jeep to capacity and still be lifted

Last edited by sa29560; 11-27-2011 at 09:27 AM.
Old 11-27-2011, 09:42 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It seems that if a person wants to use their Jeep for anything other than rock crawling, many people think that AEV is the suspension to get - Expedition is in their name. However, the more I read about the Rock Krawler suspension, it sounds like it's a more stout suspension. I know I'll find myself going through the rocks from time to time, but I'll have the back end and the roof of my Jeep loaded with gear!
Old 11-27-2011, 10:02 AM
EzK
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by ludski
Well you want what is called a "progressive coil" cause that means. Say, if rock krawler says its a progressive 3.5" lift. That means you'll get 3.5" of lift with aftermarket bumpers, rock rails, heavy spare etc etc.
Where as like rough country. Is just a 3.5". Then when you add bumpers and winch and stuff, it will be less than 3.5. The 3.5" is only rated to the stock weight of the jeep.
Progressive only means that it has varied spring rates(light and heavy for smoother ride) in on one spring and I believe that only their 2.5" springs are progressive? The others may sit at 3.5" loaded down but that doesn't make it progressive.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler Lift Question