Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rock Krawler 3.5" X-Factor Plus...and eventually long term test

Old 10-07-2009, 12:13 PM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by Stuka
I am very curious as to why it uses a 3 link in back, as to me their are more downsides than upsides when compared to a 4 link.

But it looks like a quality kit otherwise.
Thanks for the question. What downsides do you see? The independent 3 link geometry is less constrained than a 4 link suspension, so therefore allows more articulation. If you're talking about a triangulated 4 link, even they have more downsides such as significantly affecting your vehicle's roll center since it removes the track bar. A properly designed 3 link and 4 link suspension will feel and act the same on the street, just the differences become much more apparent off-road when the vehicle is put to the test!

Thanks for the good questions, and nice build btw
Old 10-07-2009, 12:44 PM
JK Junkie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How much of an improvement is the rear 3 link over the stock setup. I am getting ready to pull the trigger on RK 3 link conversion
Old 10-07-2009, 12:56 PM
JK Jedi

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I'm seriously considering the 3 link system as well and will be with Allan (08redJKnCA) at Truckhaven and plan to take some pics of the mad articulation I'm expecting to see from it. I'm sure you'll see some nice flex shots in a couple of weeks.
Old 10-07-2009, 01:15 PM
JK-Forum Founder

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by sm_rubi
I'm seriously considering the 3 link system as well and will be with Allan (08redJKnCA) at Truckhaven and plan to take some pics of the mad articulation I'm expecting to see from it. I'm sure you'll see some nice flex shots in a couple of weeks.
ultimately, flex will always be limited by shock length. just because you have a 3-link setup doesn't mean you will get more flex - just less bind when flexing.
Old 10-07-2009, 02:10 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by wayoflife
ultimately, flex will always be limited by shock length. just because you have a 3-link setup doesn't mean you will get more flex - just less bind when flexing.
Good point gonna be interesting to see how it performs and lasts. This is a great thread because there seems to be a few people interested in the 3 Link system and we're gonna see how it does.
Old 10-19-2009, 12:14 PM
JK Freak

Howdy all,

I think sm Rubi can attest to the fact that my jeep does flex well. Had a blast at Truckhaven!
Old 10-19-2009, 12:48 PM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by 08redJKnCA
Howdy all,

I think sm Rubi can attest to the fact that my jeep does flex well. Had a blast at Truckhaven!
Oh yeah! That thing was flexing like crazy...

Old 10-20-2009, 01:14 PM
JK Freak

sm_rubi...thanks for the visual evidence!
Old 10-21-2009, 07:19 AM
Former Vendor

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Way of life is correct, ultimately articulation will be limited to shock travel and not dropping the rear coils.

However, if we are talking apples to apples, short arm or mid arm, and then long arm, a JK with an Indpendent 3 Link and Track Bar in the rear will easily out articulate any of the 4 Link kits with Track Bar. Articulation is just one of the benefits the geometry will provide. A huge factor is by removing all of the natural binding out of the rear suspension, the actually induced body roll while off road is greatly reduced. This provides you with a much more stable platform off road! The third benefit is the adjustable anti-squat feature we put into the geometry. This greatly improves climbing ability as well has an adjustable feature so the end user can tune it to some degree!

Hope that helps answer any of the questions on the 3 link set up.

Rock Krawler
Old 10-27-2009, 08:36 AM
JK Jedi

Originally Posted by Rock Krawler Suspension
Way of life is correct, ultimately articulation will be limited to shock travel and not dropping the rear coils.
However, if we are talking apples to apples, short arm or mid arm, and then long arm, a JK with an Indpendent 3 Link and Track Bar in the rear will easily out articulate any of the 4 Link kits with Track Bar. Articulation is just one of the benefits the geometry will provide. A huge factor is by removing all of the natural binding out of the rear suspension, the actually induced body roll while off road is greatly reduced. This provides you with a much more stable platform off road! The third benefit is the adjustable anti-squat feature we put into the geometry. This greatly improves climbing ability as well has an adjustable feature so the end user can tune it to some degree!
Hope that helps answer any of the questions on the 3 link set up.
Rock Krawler
I think this shot of Alan at Bull Frog is a great example of how your suspension performs. The body is nice and level even though the rear has major droop and the front is full stuff. Nice Alan was to tear it up by the way climbing up the backside of Chuck Lowe camp!

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 3.5" X-Factor Plus...and eventually long term test