Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock-Mod Lift

Old 08-27-2010, 06:07 AM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a few questions for you on this kit. I have almost the same Jeep as you, although with half doors, and the only real added weight I have is a set of sliders. I'll be ordering 35s next week, and recently have been collecting parts to build a nice lift. I might for-go putting on the parts I have and instead buy a complete(almost) kit like this instead. My questions are : 1) What sort of pinion angles did you end up with(ie anything super abnormal*)? and 2)does it look like you will be able to set the caster on it without having to run adjustable upper (or lower) control arms?

I'm just real curious on these things because I know the stock mod kit costs a great deal less than the kit they offer with the lower control arms packaged in.

Gratz on the kit too, thats a sweet looking Jeep!
Old 08-27-2010, 06:16 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XJK07
I have a few questions for you on this kit. I have almost the same Jeep as you, although with half doors, and the only real added weight I have is a set of sliders. I'll be ordering 35s next week, and recently have been collecting parts to build a nice lift. I might for-go putting on the parts I have and instead buy a complete(almost) kit like this instead. My questions are : 1) What sort of pinion angles did you end up with(ie anything super abnormal*)? and 2)does it look like you will be able to set the caster on it without having to run adjustable upper (or lower) control arms?

I'm just real curious on these things because I know the stock mod kit costs a great deal less than the kit they offer with the lower control arms packaged in.

Gratz on the kit too, thats a sweet looking Jeep!
you'll need to adjust caster by getting arms. pinion angles for that height isn't that bad, imo.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:21 AM
JK Newbie

Pluke, so at a bare minimum, I'm guessing front uppers(or lowers) then?
Old 08-27-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by XJK07
Pluke, so at a bare minimum, I'm guessing front uppers(or lowers) then?
Well, you really got to ask Yamaha how it rides because he's got the first hand experience.

But, normally, 2.5" kits you don't need control arms. It's nice to have them, but it's really not necessary.

My dad has a 4" Pro Comp Suspension Lift and he doesn't have any control arms, no adjustable trackbars, and his jeep DRIVES just fine! (He had a off-road shop do his suspension)

He's got the white one. We drove each others jeeps and his drove pretty sleek without any adjustable arms.
Old 08-27-2010, 06:34 AM
JK Newbie

I guess my main concern with caster adjustment is just being able to save these new tires I'm about to spend some big money on, lol. Will I still be able to hold an alinement without the adjustment in the front for caster?

I use this Jeep as a DD, but it gets taken off road regularly, nothing extreme, but it sees more than pavement.

**Sorry for the thread derailment**

Last edited by XJK07; 08-27-2010 at 06:47 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 AM
JK Enthusiast

If your worried about the caster and alignment, get the next level in line. I think its the one with the lower control arms included. Yes its more expensive but you will have the adjustment for the caster and alignment.
Old 08-27-2010, 07:57 AM
JK Enthusiast

Lookin' good. Hopefully I can make it out to the "skool" soon to have some fun
Old 08-28-2010, 10:22 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Roobi hopefully see you next weekend!

Sorry guys i haven't check this in a day,

As for the pinion angle, i do not know exactly what it is, and i'm pretty sure there's no way to change that for the better without lower control arms. As for how this kit rides, It rides alot better then my BB did. Even with stock shocks on shock extensions, it rides pretty good. Since i came from just below 2.5 inches to about 3 inches, my front end actually stayed in alignment (within limits) and i don't really need one done. steering wheel had to get straightened but that was about it.

Me personally, i am happy with where the Jeep sits now as for height, but i'd like to see this lift on with new 35's and see how it looks then. I'm sure i would still be very satisfied with where it would sit. So i think you'd be good in getting this kit, as it comes with the front trackbar and rear bracket that comes with the 3.5 kit. You can always upgrade the coils. and when you do that, you don't even have to mess with trackbars again. As long as you have shocks for 3.5" you're set to switch them out. That is when i would find LCA's to be on the list to get sooner then later.

I'm sure when i get new shocks the kit will ride even better, and as the coils settle in day after day the ride gets better. I need a longer set of sway links in the front as well.

New pics though from today; maybe the Jeep gets taller as you take off the top and doors.. and the tank goes further towards E
Old 08-29-2010, 07:08 AM
JK Enthusiast

Love the look of the kit! Looks like it eliminated all the factory rake.

Last edited by Luke M; 08-29-2010 at 07:25 AM.
Old 08-30-2010, 08:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered this lift...I'm wondering if the rear tb bracket is even needed on only 2.5-3" of lift since they use this same one on their 5.5" lift. Anyone know what kind of shift there actually is? I would like to avoid drilling holes in my bracket or having to call my buddy over to weld the bracket on if it's just going to over correct and have my axle offcenter to the other side.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock-Mod Lift