Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock-Mod Lift

Old 08-24-2010, 07:28 PM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Shocks... uhh i don't know
I do need new shocks to help with all this stuff. i also need a new steering stabilizer (teraflex HD one) my stock has run dry.. But for shocks i'm looking at skyjacker for their warranty but idk about their quality. Teraflex has good shocks, and so do many others, but i dont know about how much i can spend on shocks because of nursing school.

Pluke, recommend some shocks that wont break the bank

i know OME rides great, but the RK guys said they'd never put OME shocks on any of their Jeeps
sooo many choices
Old 08-24-2010, 09:04 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Yamaha90
Shocks... uhh i don't know
I do need new shocks to help with all this stuff. i also need a new steering stabilizer (teraflex HD one) my stock has run dry.. But for shocks i'm looking at skyjacker for their warranty but idk about their quality. Teraflex has good shocks, and so do many others, but i dont know about how much i can spend on shocks because of nursing school.

Pluke, recommend some shocks that wont break the bank

i know OME rides great, but the RK guys said they'd never put OME shocks on any of their Jeeps
sooo many choices
buy old mam emu LT's @ northridge . buy 3 black ones and i'll send you the fourth free
Old 08-25-2010, 04:07 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good. Look for longer sway bar links. Is your rear trackbar mount rusted or is it just me. Might want to keep an eye on it if it is or have it reinforced.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Junkie

Mikey the rear track bar just had some surface rust on it, (formed in a day) because we ground down a clean surface on the axle tube to weld up the RK rear trackbar bracket. i have pictures of it all painted nicely but i just haven't posted those. i'll post a pic of the finished rear end here this evening. It looks great, not rusted.
Old 08-25-2010, 02:19 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by Pluke the 2
buy old mam emu LT's @ northridge . buy 3 black ones and i'll send you the fourth free
Is that a joke? because i would really take advantage of that

i have heard alot of great things about OME shocks but i was sprised when RK recommended otherwise.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

So how do you like the kit so far. I want this kit pretty bad. How tough was it to do the track bar. I've never really messed with a trackbar before and adjusting one. I'm sure i can find some writeups. But was just asking.
Old 08-26-2010, 07:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Is that a joke? because i would really take advantage of that

i have heard alot of great things about OME shocks but i was sprised when RK recommended otherwise.

Just pick up the shipping bud!
Old 08-26-2010, 08:43 PM
JK Junkie

The front track bar was really easy to set, measure from center of hole to the other center and i believe it is 32 and 9/16" and use loctite on the jam nuts in the front.

For the rear track bar bracket, we found it easier to just weld the whole thing and use bolt that didn't need drilling done. Directions said to drill the side and top of the stock rear bracket (but there wasn't that much space and we had a welder there) so we just welded the bracket on the top and bottom and sides, where ever we could that would work. RK recommend's having it welded to the axle tube before you wheel with it anyway.

The kit so far is really good. It rides very nice on the highway and takes bumps and pot holes alot better. It took away a few shakes and rattles too, making it easier on the body (esp. for my spare) I also do not have the DW anymore on certain bumps at a special speed, and no more 40-50mph wobble because it actually fixed my alignment too (got lucky) RK recommend's alignment as well.

Like i said before i straightened my steering wheel myself so that was easy, otherwise i'm just looking for good deals on shocks and waiting to get my steering stabilizer to install. (stock one went bad a couple weeks ago)

Pluke.. don't test me.. If my parents find out i'm blowing money on high $ shocks instead of using it for college funds they'll cut my nuts off. They think the new windshield banner is just a sticker.. not a $300+ unecessary modification. ...Although well worth it
Old 08-26-2010, 08:44 PM
JK Enthusiast

Well, I will have it probably for ever, so no rush.

Just PM me when you're ready man.
Old 08-27-2010, 05:39 AM
JK Freak

Thats interesting. Did they follow that up with a specific reason or explaination on that comment, or were they just pissing on the competition? I have narrowed my lift choices down to either Rock Krawler or OME. I have no first hand experience with either, but everyone always has such great things to say about the ride of the OME. I know RK recommends Bilstiens for their kits. I have run Bilsteins on a few of my previous vehicles and they were always great shocks, but none of them were a lifted Jeep (mostly sports cars). If one of their guys said they would NEVER run an OME shock, then I'd love to know why.

Last edited by OoPEZoO; 08-27-2010 at 06:47 AM.

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock-Mod Lift