Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock-Mod Lift

Old 08-22-2010, 08:12 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock-Mod Lift

Alright Guys it has been a while since i actually got the lift, but we installed it yesterday. It took us about 5 hours, although it would have taken about 3 if we had a working impact gun and didn't have to remove my Rough Country 2.5" Spacer lift.

All in all the install went well. Even though i took off a 2.5" lift and put another one on, there is a noticable difference in handling, even with the stock shocks still installed on the RC shock extensions.

The hardest part of the installation was putting on the rear track bar relocation bracket. We had to grind down the bracket a little bit to get it closer to the axle tubes, but after we cranked down the bolt to the stock bracket, we decided against drilling the two extra holes through the stock bracket, and went on to weld all of the seams we could, making it equally if not, more stronger then using the bolts.

Other than that, i had a hell of a time removing my RC spacer lift.. even when using PB blaster every week for the past month on the stuff we had to remove. Some things just do not want to come off.

Their coil lift rides better then RC's spacer lift even without aftermarket shocks. Also, there seems to be a bit more height. I'm sure after it settles it will be at least the 2.5" advertised. I was expecting a noticable difference in height,and it is a bit noticable. I think depending on how 35's look with this kit, i may want to go to their 3.5" coils.

Also just wanted to mention that RK's front dual adjustable trackbar is Beastly. Very Heavy duty. Surely i won't have an issue with that thing.
Steering wheel was off a bit but we fixed that, and no christmas lights on the dash, and i don't feel the need for an alignment!

Now that i think i covered most of it, time for pics!!

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

Before:

After:

And more pics of the coils and stuff to come:

Mods to come with time: Shocks, steering stabilizer, GY Duratracs, Bushwacker flat flares, front and rear bumpers,

Last edited by Yamaha90; 08-22-2010 at 08:18 AM.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks good, been looking into the same upgrade.
Old 08-22-2010, 08:31 AM
JK Junkie

If their 3.5" system was the same price during the summer sale i probably should have gone with that kit to get the height i was looking for with 35's, but since mine have since worn to exactly 33" i think this will be perfect, even for 35's. But i have grown to like the "extra room for flex" look, which will be taken care of by flat flares eventually.
Old 08-22-2010, 10:15 AM
JK Newbie

Definitely looks better! Must ride and flex alot better too, huh?
Old 08-22-2010, 10:26 AM
JK Junkie

To be honest i think my little tiny sway bars are holding me up for ride quality, i'm sure disconnected it would ride even better, and flex alot nicer. Connected it does ride nicer than the RC lift though, and it's not even really broken in or settled yet, so i'm excited. And new 315/75R16 tires are about 34.7 or so inches, so it will still sit perfectly with 35's but god knows when i'll get new tires
Old 08-24-2010, 02:51 PM
JK Junkie

I think the windshield banner added some more height

Old 08-24-2010, 02:58 PM
JK Freak

RK is the best arent they. Im goin to skool at BW by the way
Old 08-24-2010, 03:07 PM
JK Junkie

i thought you were going to live in georgia?
Lemme know when you're out this way and we'll meet up and you can see what a wheeled Jeep looks like I'm a mile off the turnpike or I-90 next time you go to CP

RK is way awesome. Much better then my RC lift was, better quality and easier to install

But it did leave the RC decals on the hood because they are super sleak and i'm still running their shock extensions.
Old 08-24-2010, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks great! It does look like you gained a little height! I'm sure the ride quality improved over the factory. I noticed a huge change in my ride quality when I install th OME lift!
Old 08-24-2010, 04:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice Rig! Good Quality Stuff!

What type of shocks are you going to run?

Pluke -

Quick Reply: Rock Krawler 2.5" Stock-Mod Lift