Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

ROCK HARD Slider PICS

Old 04-30-2008, 09:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They look nice....
I was seriously looking into the Rock Hards and another name brand. I didnt really care for the spot welds on the RH's main mounting bar (Ive seen some pics with caulk added), and I also didnt like how low they hung down below the body mount bolts. (Which would interfere with my RE LA kit big time.
So...I was emailing both brands with questions and the other brand responded the very next morning, answered all my questions and told me they were in stock and ready to ship.....Needless to say I ordered them the next morning (since I didnt hear from RH all day) and I had my new rails 4 days later
Quadratec screwed up though and sent me two driver side rails
It just so happen that the owner of the brand was doing another follow up email to me....so I told him about the Quadratec mess up, and he said to call him and he would handle it asap.....3 days later I had my passenger side rail installed with a Quadratec return tag for the extra driver side. So now I have extra hardware and twice the stickers and posters they sent me too
Then the next day I FINALLY got a email back from Rock Hard answering my questions
RH said they dont weld them all the way because it would draw the rail straight or some bs.
IMO If the step were cut to the body curve and rail was pre bent and clamped to the step, then it will not move when you weld it to the step. So they should be able to weld the whole thing, especially if they welded it in short increments so it doesnt heat up too bad.

Anyway, Im happy with my decision, mine fit tight to the body all the way down the side of the Jeep and very good ground/rock clearance

Last edited by Eracer76; 04-30-2008 at 09:29 PM.
Old 05-01-2008, 06:26 AM
JK Junkie

Where can I see more pics of the Hanson and Expedition One steps/sliders? They are not on their website.
Old 05-01-2008, 11:49 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
Where can I see more pics of the Hanson and Expedition One steps/sliders? They are not on their website.
I just saw Hanson's sliders for the 4 door on their website yesterday. Give another look under their JK product line in the top left of the page.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:12 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kidjeep
I just saw Hanson's sliders for the 4 door on their website yesterday. Give another look under their JK product line in the top left of the page.
I just e-mailed them for a possible 2-door set. And that pic on their site is hard to tell how far they stick out, so what those dimensions are.
Old 05-03-2008, 08:34 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by kidjeep

I like em. I just wish they were as wide as the flares. There are lots more pics in the gallery.

Last edited by kntr; 05-03-2008 at 08:36 PM.
Old 05-03-2008, 10:01 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Dang dude, take enough pics? lol Love how you have every possible angle. I really like them too!
Old 05-04-2008, 02:17 AM
JK Jedi

They look great! Love your Jeep to.
Old 12-11-2010, 05:15 PM
JK Junkie

How have these been holding up? Did the gap or spot welds ever cause a problem? How much do they weigh?
Old 12-11-2010, 05:19 PM
JK Freak

nice looking sliders
Old 12-14-2010, 04:22 AM
JK Junkie

Has the gap been a problem with these sliders?

Quick Reply: ROCK HARD Slider PICS