Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

ROCK HARD Slider PICS

Old 04-26-2008, 07:56 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by sukemecuke
good gawd man that jeeps orgasmic.
ThanX!

Been there. Done that!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:04 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by RipperMan
I thought you were going with shrockworks!!!! I am glad you like them-I am not fond of those at all...
I had seriously considered the Schrockworks,... Everything I had read about them was positive.

But I decided against them because I wanted a true step, not a tube or rail (access for my wife and kids), as well as a functional mud flap to keep the side of my jeep protected from my gravel driveway and other putrid issues I might choose to engage.

As it is, I am amazed at how beefy these sliders are. They weigh a ton (actual wt???), and I think they look great as well.

My first BIG TRIP is going to be at the end of May into the first week of June with my oldest son. Hoping to hit Ouray and the surrounding areas if the snow pack isn't too high. If this is the case we will go to Moab.

LIFE IS GOOD!
Old 04-26-2008, 08:05 PM
JK Junkie

So there is a small gap between the slider and the body due to the molly type bolts.

I dont mean to be a jerk but wouldnt that be a great place for mud and water to sit and start rusting? I plan on keepin the Jeep for a long time and this might cause a problem down the road.

Last edited by kntr; 04-26-2008 at 08:07 PM.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:09 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by kntr
So there is a small gap between the slider and the body due to the molly type bolts.

I dont mean to be a jerk but wouldnt that be a great place for mud and water to sit and start rusting?
You're not at all a jerk.

I have had the same concern, and I will look at caulking this tomorrow. Your concern is valid. In fact, I made sure that my shop would detail my Jeep prior to installing the sliders because of this concern. Alas, I do not think they can be hermetically sealed. But I can try make it better than it is right now.

I'll give you some shots from below as well.

I wish you could see these in person! The pics do not do them justice. They are STOUT!

ANd BTW, my wife and kids like them too.

Money well spent!

Last edited by mmcan; 04-27-2008 at 06:16 AM.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:20 PM
JK Junkie

Dont get me wrong. I love the sliders except for two things.
1. The welds under the bolts... there should be a constant weld the entire slider and then ground smooth.
2. The gap made from the molly bolts but that can be fixed with welting or some black chalk.
Old 04-26-2008, 08:42 PM
JK Super Freak

1. The welds under the bolts... there should be a constant weld the entire slider and then ground smooth.
2. The gap made from the molly bolts but that can be fixed with welting or some black chalk.

You are way more advanced with this than I am. And I mean this as a compliment. You bring up points I hadn't considered. Everyone who reads this wil benefit bc of your concern. That's awesome.

I agree, a continuous weld would look great. But it would probably raise the price on an already expensive mod. And I don't think it would otherwise increase the functionality of the slider. Absolutely, a decrease in the gunk that might enter via the rail, but I don't know that a continuous weld would make it significantly stronger. I will look at caulking it tomorrow. Not only at the point of the welds, but also at the top of the rail that attaches to the tub of my Jeep.

It will never be hermetically sealed. But I don't know of a slider that will give you everything. But the Rock Hard will definitely bolster your ability to ride a rock or big edge of some sort.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:09 PM
JK Enthusiast

Wow. I really like those. Thanks for all the pics.
Old 04-26-2008, 09:50 PM
JK Enthusiast

Looks good! Nice meeting you yesterday! Got my rails on today with no problems, Thanks again!
Old 04-27-2008, 06:19 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by reagle
Looks good! Nice meeting you yesterday! Got my rails on today with no problems, Thanks again!
I truly enjoyed meeting you and your friends as well. And you picked a good game to go to! I hope your ride back home wasn't too bad.

And I'm glad the rubi sliders are on your Jeep.

Mark
Old 04-27-2008, 06:21 AM
JK Super Freak

I'm gonna call RH on Monday and ask them about these issues. And if there is a need to remedy any of this, or if this is an intentional design choice because of past experiences.

It's raining here today, so I probably won't get those pictures from underneath just yet.

Quick Reply: ROCK HARD Slider PICS