Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

River Raider Snorkel

Old 01-21-2010, 11:59 AM
smc
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like I'm going to end up with the AEV snorkel after all. SLC just gave me a quote, installed for less than the RR will cost (with me installing it myself).

Also, I just finished reading some of the older RR vs. AEV drama... I want to make it clear I wasn't trying to stir that mess up again. Just evaluating the two options and wanted to see some powder coated RR snorkels before deciding.

In the end it really came down to price, I like the RR but couldn't justify the higher cost.

Thanks again for everyones help!

Last edited by smc; 01-21-2010 at 02:03 PM.
Old 02-10-2010, 05:32 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have a question and did not want to start a whole new thread for it. Maybe someone will answer. It appears that the stock radio antenna is removed for the RR snorkel. Does one customarily move it to another location or just go with pure satellite radio??

Ok found out you place it under the cowling....new question how does this affect reception? I live in wyoming with stations few and far between.

Last edited by toymaster; 02-10-2010 at 05:41 AM.
Old 02-10-2010, 06:25 AM
JK Jedi Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JKBenB
Not wanting to start a debate as mercy knows there are enough threads about AEV vs. RR snorkels, but I just wanted to clarify to anyone who just happened by this thread that the AEV snorkel holds up just fine to a good bashing. Go with whichever suits you best and I'm sure you'll be happy of your purchase.

As for the powdercoated RR, I'd think it'll look great with stock fenders and such. You may wanna think about scratches if you ever go on REALLY tight trails, as the snorkel seems to just reach and grab things sometimes. If that's a concern, some bedliner might be a better bet as others have said.
the AEV is plastic right? I would assume it would pop out if you smack it,,,

I would be more concerned with the crappy sheet metal on the JK's than i would the snorkle
Old 03-06-2010, 07:10 PM
JK Jedi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Anyone have photos of the RR snorkel under the hood and how it attaches to the airbox???

Quick Reply: River Raider Snorkel