Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

River Raider Snorkel

Old 01-19-2010, 07:10 PM
smc
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default River Raider Snorkel

Anyone have a powder coated version of the River Raider snorkel with a pic they can share? I'm thinking about ordering one of these and I am curious to see how the powder coated versions look.
Old 01-20-2010, 07:11 AM
smc
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by jerseyjk08
Most of the ones that are black on his webpage or in pictures have the Gatorhyde on them. My friend just got his tub and River Raider roll cage gatorhyded and its awesome. I'd go that route. The powder coating would prolly be about the same price anyway.
Gatorhyde was my second choice, but I have the mopar rock bumper now and was thinking the power coat on the snorkel might match that a bit better.

The other option is to Gatorhyde the front bumper too so it would all be the same color / texture. Trying to avoid having different shades and textures of black - but maybe I am just over thinking it.
Old 01-20-2010, 08:28 AM
JK Super Freak

i do.......
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	037.jpg
Views:	202
Size:	94.4 KB
ID:	35762   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0986.jpg
Views:	209
Size:	95.8 KB
ID:	35763  
Old 01-20-2010, 08:31 AM
smc
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JdTms11
i do.......
Thanks, exactly what I was wanting to see. I appreciate it.

Are you happy with the snorkel so far? Any issues or regrets not going with the AEV version?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

nope no regrets. im glad i went this rote, ive taken chunks outa trees with it, something the the aev would have had a hard time doing. the powder coat has a texture to it that is pretty close to the stock fenders
Old 01-20-2010, 08:58 AM
smc
JK Newbie

nope no regrets. im glad i went this rote, ive taken chunks outa trees with it, something the the aev would have had a hard time doing. the powder coat has a texture to it that is pretty close to the stock fenders
Just what i needed to hear, thanks again for the info!
Old 01-20-2010, 11:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not wanting to start a debate as mercy knows there are enough threads about AEV vs. RR snorkels, but I just wanted to clarify to anyone who just happened by this thread that the AEV snorkel holds up just fine to a good bashing. Go with whichever suits you best and I'm sure you'll be happy of your purchase.

As for the powdercoated RR, I'd think it'll look great with stock fenders and such. You may wanna think about scratches if you ever go on REALLY tight trails, as the snorkel seems to just reach and grab things sometimes. If that's a concern, some bedliner might be a better bet as others have said.
Old 01-20-2010, 11:14 AM
JK Junkie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

ive had both the aev and river raider snorkel... both are great.. i have the river raider one now.. and i am very happy with it .. it is also the only one that works with the ripp supercharger right now.
Old 01-20-2010, 12:00 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by blockrockin
ive had both the aev and river raider snorkel... both are great.. i have the river raider one now.. and i am very happy with it .. it is also the only one that works with the ripp supercharger right now.
yUP
Old 01-20-2010, 12:22 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Doesn't look like it'd work with my Smittybilt brackets though.

Quick Reply: River Raider Snorkel