Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

River Raider Flat Fenders!

Old 07-21-2008, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

OK now I have to add fenders to my wish list!!
Old 07-21-2008, 10:30 AM
JK Jedi

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Those fenders are looking great! If other manufacturers don't hurry up, I may end up buying a set of these! I was a little skeptical when I saw them in the Gatorhyde, but the black looks perfect.
Old 07-21-2008, 11:11 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

very nice !!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:14 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Burn
I am glad to hear that you like them. We do test fit all of our products before we ship them out, but we keep finding the EVERY JK is a hair different on some spots. If you like you can submit a testimonial to out site Riverraider.com and we can post it for you.
You guys did a great job. Cool finish also, I went with the less lumpy one, looks great.

The detail work is great, the fenders fit the curved shape of the jeep wheel wells perfectly. I like the "button head bolt" for the one exposed bolt on each front fender, nice touch. I did not realize how "curvey" the jeep was until I tackled putting these on.

I think your rockers might be next.

Seth.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Ryno
Awesome Jeep!

What kind of Porsche is that in the background? Oh, and what do you do for a living?

Hehehe... Well, thats 2005 996 Turbo S. It's been heavily modified... it makes 540 AWHP (all wheel horsepower) on pump, and 580 on race. It makes over 580 foot/lbs of torque at the wheels on pump... so... it makes just under 700 crank. The car is also 250lbs less than it was stock. Extensive suspension work also... A thread of it's own, the mod list for the car goes on forever... the mods on that make the jeep look affordable. My wife has one also, and I've been modding it for her.

The Audi in the background is actually pretty cool... it's an S8... so basically it's an A8 with bigger brakes, stiffer suspension and a Lambo sourced v10.

I had a small business that I ran for 14 years, got lucky and sold it for pretty serious cash... after 14 years of trying to make a dollar out of fifteen cents you don't really expect anything as exciting as a buyout to happen.

Seth.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Congratulations, any reason why you didn't use all of the reinforcing to the inner subframe?
Well... the one at the top would drill through and hit a big 1" bundle of wiring harness... I could move it, but didn't want to... and it was pretty close to the support bar that welded to the inner subframe already so I didn't see much gain. The other, I didn't install yet. I will install it, but I can't get my drill in there and haven't figured out how to make a 1/4" hole in the inner subframe. I did install the bottom one, that one was easy!

I guess I would have had to drill the holes prior to mounting the fender, I didn't think of that until I spent some serious time trying to get nuts on all those short little bolts with two flat washers and lock washer to boot.

Kit suggestion: Make all 3/4" bolts 1", make all 1" bolts 1 1/4" hehehe...

Seth.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:24 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by rroberto
a jk like yours, a porsche like that and also an audi.... you must sleep in your garage

beautiful rides
My wife won't let me sleep in the garage... otherwise, I might!
Old 07-21-2008, 01:27 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by SASQUATCH
How do you like the AEV Beadlocks? I've been contemplating them, just wish they had less backspace, I like Poison's 3.5" BS Vs. 4.5" for the AEV's, think that's what they are. They look great on your rig
They fit really good with the 37's on there. I'm switching them up though. I have 40's coming and some Dynatrac 60's going under the beast.

The AEV's are really heavy though, and with all beadlocks they aren't great to balance.
Old 07-21-2008, 01:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by putnam dan
Congrates to you Seth. I know just what you mean except I'm just up to 16c

Ah yes the bundle of wires - missed it , They do come off pretty easy after some practice - Kenny is putting them all on and off his Jeep
Hehehe... it's not that... it's the time. I've got a newborn and 5 year old and my wife would kick my ass (again) if she see's me screwing with fenders again!

I'm 240 lbs and I sat on them and they didn't budge... that said, I will probably eventually end up putting in those extra parts because I know they should be there.

What are you doing for inner fenders? On the passenger side there are a lot of wires and fuse box that I wouldn't want to fill full of rocks or muck or for that matter shatter with rocks?

I'm thinking of carefully cutting out the stock liners to be more open than stock but cover that critical area and the padding on the firewall that becomes exposed?

The boyz at RR should make a cut out template for hacking up the stock inner fenders!
Old 07-21-2008, 03:03 PM
JK Enthusiast

looks great!

Quick Reply: River Raider Flat Fenders!