Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RIPP SuperCharger Gen2 Real World Results

Old 12-18-2010, 08:21 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Results

posting mine up today!!!
Old 01-02-2011, 05:23 AM
JK Enthusiast

Gang, I compiled my RIPP install pics into a video. Thought some of you would like to see it. Most of the process of installing a RIPP Supercharger without the intercooler are documented. There are only a couple of steps I didn't get pics of (installing the small PCV Valve in the breather hose and the new MAP sensor). Message me if you have any questions.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l0mLt8kZlIQ Happy New Year!
Old 01-02-2011, 07:47 AM
JK Freak

Let's just say you have my attention. Thank you for taking the time to post this info so completely.
Old 01-02-2011, 08:46 AM
JK Freak

how is the SC on engine longevity ?

Last edited by Jeepincanada; 01-03-2011 at 05:34 AM.
Old 01-02-2011, 10:24 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Jeepincanada
hoes is the SC on engine longevity ?
Nice video - should give most an idea of the install....

We've tested for 60k on one truck with no issues... we do not by any means push things to their limits. We are very Conservative in our tuning and total approach.

TECH

Last edited by RIPPMODS; 01-02-2011 at 03:43 PM.
Old 01-02-2011, 11:04 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkerr
Gang, I compiled my RIPP install pics into a video. Thought some of you would like to see it. Most of the process of installing a RIPP Supercharger without the intercooler are documented. There are only a couple of steps I didn't get pics of (installing the small PCV Valve in the breather hose and the new MAP sensor). Message me if you have any questions.

Happy New Year!
Awesome video!!!

I remember all that. Must have taken you twice as long with all the pics.

What video editing software you using?
Old 01-02-2011, 11:52 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by YingYang
Awesome video!!!

I remember all that. Must have taken you twice as long with all the pics.

What video editing software you using?
It added time taking all of the pics, but figured someone would like to see the steps. Figured a movie is more interesting than a ton of pics posted on the forum.

I use a few different programs for video editing. iMovie, Adobe Premier and Final Cut Studio. iMovie is the easiest to use, but is only available for the MAC. There are some online sites that let you edit movies as well. I've used OneTrueMedia dot com in the past. They have a free and pay service.
Old 01-02-2011, 12:15 PM
JK Enthusiast

Hi gang, I have proof positive that the RIPP SuperCharger makes the JK a go-fast machine. Today I was driving down the Chicago Skyway. When I left a toll booth from a dead stop I floored it -- I forgot that I don't need to do that anymore. Anyhow, I blew by a cop parked about 300 ft. in front of the booth exit. He sits there looking for people that don't pay. I passed him at 65 MPH and by the time I let off the gas I was doing 75. Fortunately I saw him pull out and slowed down to the 45 MPH speed limit quickly. Of course, he pulled me over. Figured I was going to get a ticket for sure.

When he walked up and looked at my big, heavy, 4x4, I could see the puzzled look on his PO'ed face. He asked me how fast I was going. I said, uhh, about 45 maybe 50. He said no way I was doing 50! He then lectured me on going 5MPH through the toll booth and that it was a 45 MPH zone. He said I had a led foot. I asked him how fast was I going? He said he didn't know, but knew I was going a hell of a lot faster than 50. He said his car shook when I blew by him. I said I couldn't be going that fast. I'm in a Jeep and I only have a V6. He looked again, then told me to not go 1MPH over 45 until I got to Indiana and walked back to his car.

I'm damn lucky he didn't have his radar on. 2011 is starting out to be a good year!!

Last edited by jkerr; 01-02-2011 at 12:21 PM.
Old 01-03-2011, 07:11 PM
JK Newbie

Awesome write up with all the facts and a great testimonial! Definitely on the list of "must do's".
Old 01-03-2011, 09:12 PM
JK Super Freak

Two questions:

How is it on pulling? I Have a 3500 lb boat that i can barely hold 2nd gear with going up a steep hill. People passing me like I am standing still

Is this a set and forget setup or do I have to constantly tinker with it?

Quick Reply: RIPP SuperCharger Gen2 Real World Results