Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RIPP SuperCharger Gen2 Real World Results

Old 12-14-2010, 05:11 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alaska-HWY JK
How much is it going to make between 2000 and 3000 rpm is what I'm wondering. I'm seriously considering this setup. Not trying to hijack a thread but will this improve highway driving or still downshift steady? I have the offroad gearing, I just want it more highway friendly on the way there. 37's and 5:13s. I can't remember does the Diablo make changes for the tires and gears as well as the tune.
I had the first chance to test the highway performance today. I took a 300 mi round trip on the interstate today. Im running 37's and 5.13. Holding speed was easy. I went out of overdrive maybe 4 times on the larger inclines. Where the JK "felt" right, before the RIPP, was in the 55-60mph range. Now, it loves 75. Its really amazing the difference.

I think that RIPP programs your gearing in their tune but I know the Diablo can make the changes for your tires.
Old 12-14-2010, 06:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just got back from driving my Jeep and had to write about it. The RIPP SuperCharger has completely transformed my JK into a new machine. It has so much torque now I can't even do a 0-60 run like I did before. If I stomp on the gas I spin both rear tires like I'm in a Corvette (with lockers engaged). The power I have now is unbelievable. What is more amazing to me is that it still drives perfectly. I go easy on the skinny peddle and it goes easy. Daily driving through the city is easy and smooth. However, if I get on it -- my Jeep turns into a sports car. There is absolutely no hesitation whatsoever. None, nada, zip. I have instantaneous power at all speeds, RPM ranges and power settings. I can be running 80 and get on the gas and feel the seat push firmly against my back. I can be going 5, 10, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60... and do the same. The guys that talk about RIPP not having power where it is needed have clearly never driven a vehicle with a RIPP SuperCharger in it. It is freaking amazing!

Thank you RIPP for engineering such a great product.
Old 12-14-2010, 07:47 PM
JK Freak

That thing is awesome! Great post! I want....must....resist....must....resist.!
Old 12-14-2010, 07:58 PM
JK Freak

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Ok, I am at the point where I see this being a valuble upgrade regardless of any warrentee concerns. I am sold! I just need a little more savings....how long is the "introductory" pricing going to last?

I have been waiting for part 3 (and 4?) of the Ripp JK on Xtreme for a month now!

I appreciate all the feedback from real end-users.
Old 12-15-2010, 05:50 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Matt08jk
Ok, I am at the point where I see this being a valuble upgrade regardless of any warrentee concerns. I am sold! I just need a little more savings....how long is the "introductory" pricing going to last?

I have been waiting for part 3 (and 4?) of the Ripp JK on Xtreme for a month now!

I appreciate all the feedback from real end-users.
I've been waiting for Xtreme also. Can't wait to see what they do with the JK next.

A key feature of the RIPP kit is that everything can be removed and the vehicle returned to stock in a couple of hours. If you think the dealer will hassle you about the SC being installed, you can remove it before taking it in. Just save all of the original parts and you'll be good to go. This is not an option for the guys who install a Hemi or other supercharger kits that require significant mods/cutting. I did not have to drill or modify anything. Everything bolted up like it was an optional factory part.
Old 12-16-2010, 10:56 AM
JK Enthusiast

Hey JKEER

Did you do another 0-60 since your dyno time, just curious. Your 8.4 time is much quicker than my 10.8 with superchip and 5.38's on 35's with a 4 door auto, think it might be time to get RIPPED!
Old 12-16-2010, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by ARM2004
Hey JKEER

Did you do another 0-60 since your dyno time, just curious. Your 8.4 time is much quicker than my 10.8 with superchip and 5.38's on 35's with a 4 door auto, think it might be time to get RIPPED!
I have tried, but haven't been able to. Our roads have wet from snow and when I put the peddle to the metal I spin the tires like i'm in a Corvette. I even spin tires when I shift from 1-2 & 2-3! There's no doubt i am doing better than 8.44 now.

Will post my results as soon as I can get a good run.
Old 12-16-2010, 04:53 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jkerr
I have tried, but haven't been able to. Our roads have wet from snow and when I put the peddle to the metal I spin the tires like i'm in a Corvette. I even spin tires when I shift from 1-2 & 2-3! There's no doubt i am doing better than 8.44 now.

Will post my results as soon as I can get a good run.
snicker
Old 12-18-2010, 06:06 AM
JK Newbie

I will have some interesting info for you guys. I will be installing my RIPP SC with Intercooler by the end of the year with a Banks exhaust. This will be my first mod on a new 2010 Rubiconm (7k miles). We will get some numbers bone stock before any other mods and then with the RIPP SC. I am hoping it's on the dyno in the next 2 weeks. I can't wait, I drove a 2007 with 35's and was depressed the entire time I had it (SLOW). I'm having it installed at Mile High Motorsports in Denver next week.
Old 12-18-2010, 06:44 AM
JK Enthusiast

You guys are killing me seeing those vids and hearing about how good it is after the SC, now I just need convince the wife that I NEED this, you know for the better fuel economy ...

Quick Reply: RIPP SuperCharger Gen2 Real World Results