Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RIPP SuperCharger Gen2 Real World Results

Old 06-20-2012, 11:24 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mid Life Crisis
Will it be available for 2011 models as well?
In the interest of finding the best solution for the 2011 jk. We have partnered with RPM Extreme to bring the ease of tuning a 2007-2010 jk to your 2011.
RPM extreme, can do a ECU swap to a 2010. Check out their site. (http://www.rpmextreme.com/)
Once you have a 2010 ECU running you can run the FULL 2010 kit.
This will use upgraded primary fuel injectors, and the Diabo Sport tuner to reprogram and make all your adjustments.
You can tune for the blower, headers, higherboost, high octane, tires, gears, lockers,throttle pedal amp, fan speed.. the options are endless (well not really).

RIPPTECH
Old 12-28-2012, 02:48 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i just bought a jeep with a rip gen 2 supercharger for a 2011 jk im in pa wondering if theres any good places to get it tuned around here
Old 12-28-2012, 03:27 PM
JK Freak

Contact Ross at RIPP for your tune.
Old 12-29-2012, 01:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

It doesn't have a Diablo chip just a computer cord
Old 12-29-2012, 01:19 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jkerr

The max I've ever seen on my dash fuel calculator is 18MPG. pre-supercharger, I generally average around 14-15 MPG on the highway and about 9-10 MPG in the city. I have to run a few tanks through to get a good number, but I was easily getting 22MPG on the highway after the tune. Getting the AFR exactly right throughout the RPM band makes a huge difference. The engine also doesn't have to work as hard to hold highway speeds.

I went to Benchmark Tuning in Chicago. They charge a flat rate fee. It is the same price regardless of how long it takes. It was about $400 for two days of Dyno time. Benchmark Tuning is awesome. If you are in Chicago, I highly recommend them.

True enough. I'd just prefer to have the computer do it right. There has to be some advantage to having an automatic
Does it really make it that much better mpg I just bought a jeep with a gen2 with the inter cooler but not that good of mpg I'm wondering why
Old 12-29-2012, 01:27 PM
JK Newbie

Great write up
Old 02-10-2013, 04:09 PM
JK Newbie

Thought I'd tap this thread to see if some Ripp users or others could chime in. Short story, I have a pretty cool 2007 JKU a friend built up before passing away. Lots of unanswered questions, many SC related.

Here's what I know:
RIPP SC
Inter cooler
Headers
Exhaust

Running 35s and 5:13

Auto tranny

When I first got the jeep, it had a surging issue. Ripp said to get a new tune from them. But first, I had change the MAP sensor.

Done. No more surge.

Gas mileage dropped notably. Hand calculated, 15.2 highway.

Also, speedo/odo seem off, compared to All Sport GPS Drive mode. 5 mph give or take, and 10 miles over 200.

Exhaust and blowoff smell a bit rich, but I'm an armature there.

Since the new tune, I've had gas cap and vacuum leak codes.

Thoughts? Advice? Experience?

Thanks!
Old 02-10-2013, 08:07 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by web architect
Thought I'd tap this thread to see if some Ripp users or others could chime in. Short story, I have a pretty cool 2007 JKU a friend built up before passing away. Lots of unanswered questions, many SC related.

Here's what I know:
RIPP SC
Inter cooler
Headers
Exhaust

Running 35s and 5:13, Auto tranny. When I first got the jeep, it had a surging issue. Ripp said to get a new tune from them. But first, I had change the MAP sensor. Done. No more surge.

Gas mileage dropped notably. Hand calculated, 15.2 highway. Also, speedo/odo seem off, compared to All Sport GPS Drive mode. 5 mph give or take, and 10 miles over 200.

Exhaust and blowoff smell a bit rich, but I'm an amateur there. Since the new tune, I've had gas cap and vacuum leak codes.
Just for clarification, the headers you mention are RIPP long tube headers? RIPP needs to know about this mod when you ask for an updated tune. Also, when you load a new tune, sometimes the Diablo will change tire size settings - check to make sure the setting is still representative of the tire size you're running.

I've heard that there is a seal on the MAP sensor that can get messed up - might take a quick look at it since it's only a couple of screws to remove.

Don't despair when RIPP tells you your JK is the only one (or two) in the world with this problem - they will stick with you until the issue is solved. Keep talking to them and ask them if sending a data log will help. Let us know how it goes.
Old 02-10-2013, 08:11 PM
JK Newbie

Thanks for the tips! Hoping for more as well. How do I check the tire size in the Diablo?
Old 02-10-2013, 08:32 PM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by web architect
Thanks for the tips! Hoping for more as well. How do I check the tire size in the Diablo?
Double check on Youtube, but I think you go to Performance, Custom Tune, Modify and then it's one of the options. Weird location for access to that parameter in my mind, but that's in the ballpark if your Diablo is a Predator (not sure about the new iTune/phone contraption).

Quick Reply: RIPP SuperCharger Gen2 Real World Results