Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RIPP SuperCharger Gen2 Real World Results

Old 05-14-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

this is awesome, getting ideas in my head... if only i had all the funds i need lol.
Old 05-14-2011, 06:20 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

medsheikh,
The huge difference between yours and the one in the video is the gearing. Both have the automatic; he has 35s and 5.13 and you have 33s and 4.10. Stock motor or supercharged, the 4.10s are going to make you struggle up from low rpms until the 3.8 gets into it's optimal powerband.

Also, you can't compare yours to videos of 6speed rigs, as the automatic sucks power compared to the manual.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:02 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Installed the RIPP supercharger about a month ago, and have about 4000 miles on it now.

Power is nice, but not consistent. I get a hesitation when driving through town and trying to maintain a speed of say 35-40 mph. Feels like the engine is missing mildly.

Jeep has trouble starting now when the engine is warm (I used to barely touch the key and I was running - now it's crank, crank, crank). Additionally, engine used to surge on startup, but the 2.6a tune has fixed that.

Still have a surging (ebb and flow of power) when engine is under mild load (for example when ascending a slight rise in the highway, not a hill per se). This is especially exacerbated when the cruise control is engaged.

Hopefully the issues I've mentioned above will eventually be addressed - I know RIPP is working on a number of these problems with Diablo. When the heavens are all aligned properly (pedal position, highway conditions, good gas, etc) the added power is really nice, and for those brief moments, the Jeep is really fun to drive.
i've got the same problems...
Old 05-14-2011, 11:19 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alec
medsheikh,
The huge difference between yours and the one in the video is the gearing. Both have the automatic; he has 35s and 5.13 and you have 33s and 4.10. Stock motor or supercharged, the 4.10s are going to make you struggle up from low rpms until the 3.8 gets into it's optimal powerband.

Also, you can't compare yours to videos of 6speed rigs, as the automatic sucks power compared to the manual.

I'm sure manuals perform better, and switching gearing to maybe a 4.88 will make a significant difference with my 33's; But when I compare the before & after I still don't feel the big advertised gains. Boost very gradually increasing to 6 psi at redline is not a significant gain. This was also the second "aggressive" tune.

Temperatures are now 100-105; I don't think that helps.
Old 05-15-2011, 12:02 AM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If your boost only gradually increases then maybe you have a boost leak? Maybe a faulty blow off valve?
Old 05-15-2011, 03:47 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Alec
If your boost only gradually increases then maybe you have a boost leak? Maybe a faulty blow off valve?
The shop checked for many possibilities (faulty parts & leaks) before; I'm not a mechanic & they say everything is ok.
Old 07-05-2011, 07:07 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by JK084
I dunno about you guys, but If I had a supercharger, my gas gauge would look like a tach in reverse!
Thats the GPM(gallons per mile) factor
Old 04-14-2012, 10:15 AM
JK Junkie

Originally Posted by thistrapper91
Didnt you install the RIPP as your first jk mod? I am thinking of doing the same, do you reccomend it? is there more power even when just riding around town and on highway?
Several guys have made this a first mod, or maybe better to say, the first big mod. You'll definitely feel more power whether you've already up-sized tires or not.
Old 04-23-2012, 11:26 AM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by JK-Rubi
Several guys have made this a first mod, or maybe better to say, the first big mod. You'll definitely feel more power whether you've already up-sized tires or not.
Hello, im real inerested in adding forced induction to my LATHARGIC jk, Do you have a RIPP supercharger on your JK? If so feelings?
Old 04-23-2012, 11:42 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by keithjkny

Hello, im real inerested in adding forced induction to my LATHARGIC jk, Do you have a RIPP supercharger on your JK? If so feelings?
I have..... Its nice. Different car.

Quick Reply: RIPP SuperCharger Gen2 Real World Results