Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ripp Supercharger?

Old 07-02-2010, 09:19 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Dronac
What kind of long term effects would this or any supercharger have on my JK? Would I be lookint at a motor or tranny rebuild sooner than later? I know 200k miles on a TJ wasn't unreasonable, and I expect the same from my JK with the way I maintain it.

I'm not in the market for one right now, but down the road, I can definatly see myself spending money on boost for my JK rather then trading in for a new model with a proper engine and having to lose the thousands in mods I'v invested into my JK.

Thanks!
Anytime you start adding a significant amount of hp to a vehicle, you put more strain on the motor and componets than it was designed for. Having a supercharger on this motor and hopping it up, I wouldn't expect 200K miles out of it.

Quick Reply: Ripp Supercharger?