Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ripp Supercharger?

Old 05-21-2010, 01:48 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was looking at the pictures but could not figure out if you can Keep the Air-Conditioner with this kit.. is it possible or does the RIPP require the space?

-Christopher
Old 05-21-2010, 09:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JeepaRoo
I was looking at the pictures but could not figure out if you can Keep the Air-Conditioner with this kit.. is it possible or does the RIPP require the space?

-Christopher
AC remains stock - the only thing your moving from the OEM spot is the battery, we supply you with a drop in battery tray... and all the battery extensions needed to get the job done.

RIPPTECH
Old 05-21-2010, 12:17 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Ripp S C

Hi Ripp Tech, I'am Tom with the big red J K you guy's built up a couple years ago, hell of a jeep, is there any fix or can you shut off the TRD alarm, or tell me how to get around it. the dam thing shuts the motor down when you try to pass someone, they should'nt put something like that on any vehicle. other than that it still runs fine, no complaints at all. Thanks TCJeep
Old 05-21-2010, 01:39 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by tcjeep
Hi Ripp Tech, I'am Tom with the big red J K you guy's built up a couple years ago, hell of a jeep, is there any fix or can you shut off the TRD alarm, or tell me how to get around it. the dam thing shuts the motor down when you try to pass someone, they should'nt put something like that on any vehicle. other than that it still runs fine, no complaints at all. Thanks TCJeep
Holy - thats our test mule - how many miles do you have on it now?

Torque Request Denied is a product of the load calculations - its not a map we can tune - per-say - we have been working on work around but we are still a few months away - in the interim its more likely to trip when floored - if you lift you foot slightly off the floor when passing it will not trip - Its a matter of getting used to rolling off the gas to accelerate.

Questions welcome

RIPPTECH
Old 05-22-2010, 10:00 AM
JK Newbie

Red face Ripp S C

I guess I ain't used to letten off when I'am trying to pass a big truck, that's the damdest thing I ever heard of to put on any vehicle, I got almost 60k on it know, but we are going to col. and moab in july so it will have a few more if we get back in one piece. Thanks for the info. I wonder if the factory would be any help??? TC Jeep
Old 06-26-2010, 09:17 PM
JK Junkie

Do you guys know when the new kit with the intercooler will be released?
Old 06-28-2010, 02:05 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by Muffins
Do you guys know when the new kit with the intercooler will be released?
We are waiting on manufacturing - its taking longer to get things made and shipped now - so we have no definitive ETA - we will make it public as soon as we know more.

RIPPTECH
Old 06-29-2010, 06:40 AM
JK Junkie

Cool, looking forward to it.
Old 06-30-2010, 07:38 AM
JK Enthusiast

One more question Is the light problem fixed when you snap the throtle to hard? When you are passing or let off to quick. Just know this has been a problem in the past whith both Super Charger kits. Not just yours! I am waiting on the Intercooler as well any ideas when we can order the complete packages?
Old 07-01-2010, 11:12 AM
JK Freak

What kind of long term effects would this or any supercharger have on my JK? Would I be lookint at a motor or tranny rebuild sooner than later? I know 200k miles on a TJ wasn't unreasonable, and I expect the same from my JK with the way I maintain it.

I'm not in the market for one right now, but down the road, I can definatly see myself spending money on boost for my JK rather then trading in for a new model with a proper engine and having to lose the thousands in mods I'v invested into my JK.

Thanks!

Quick Reply: Ripp Supercharger?