Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Ripp Supercharger?

Old 05-15-2010, 04:25 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ripp Supercharger?

does anyone know how this super charger does when it gets wet or goes through mud, and how do I clean it when it does get dirty....I sprayed my down with a hose and that did not turn out run, got something wet and shorted something and made my motor run like crap. Had to let it dry overnight and still a little sluggish.

Ryan
Old 05-15-2010, 05:34 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JK_2010
does anyone know how this super charger does when it gets wet or goes through mud, and how do I clean it when it does get dirty....I sprayed my down with a hose and that did not turn out run, got something wet and shorted something and made my motor run like crap. Had to let it dry overnight and still a little sluggish.

Ryan
I got mine wet and muddy several times. No problems with it. I did not however hose it down. I did wipe it a couple times. So I guess I am no help.
Old 05-17-2010, 10:54 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Ryan
The first place to check would be the ECU - the connection there are vulnerable to moister if they weren't properly shielded -

The second place to look would be the plugs in the supplemental injectors, make sure they are not oxidized or shorted in anyway.

If your Black Box is under the hood, make sure your connections are not oxidized or moist, this will also feed back into to the ECU and cause e run issues.

RIPPTECH
Old 05-17-2010, 11:33 AM
JK Newbie

Default Ripp Supercharger?

It went back to normal after a day, do I need to weather proof or something
Old 05-18-2010, 07:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

It went back to normal after a day, do I need to weather proof or something
Yes - go over the following
  • The ECU pin points
  • All Spark Plug wires***** We have teched this at least 6-7 times and it turned out to be a faulty wire.
  • Supplemental injection pins.
Old 05-19-2010, 07:59 AM
JK Enthusiast

Not highjack this but how are the auto transmisions holding? any problems at all
Old 05-19-2010, 09:34 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by JC JK
Not highjack this but how are the auto transmisions holding? any problems at all
No problem on our end - the Auto's are exceptionally strong by our account - we've seen no failures in house or through our extensive network of dealers.

RIPPTECH
Old 05-20-2010, 07:10 AM
JK Newbie

so i just received my supercharger in the mail yesterday and i cant wait to get this thing in

however the local shop wants $2000 to put it in!! is that a reasonable price or am i right in thinking that its wayyy to much?? im located near milwaukee wi, thanks
Old 05-20-2010, 09:05 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by tweek84
so i just received my supercharger in the mail yesterday and i cant wait to get this thing in

however the local shop wants $2000 to put it in!! is that a reasonable price or am i right in thinking that its wayyy to much?? im located near milwaukee wi, thanks
That's a bit much in our opinion - that kit literally goes in, in 6-8 hours - and a lot of guys install it on their own... a safe going rate would be $1000 but we can't endorse that.

We don't have any official dealers in WI - however you could go to Vortechs site and put in your zip and a host of dealers comes up - once you find a dealer your comfortable with have them contact our sales or tech staff and we will set their expectations -

RIPPTECH
Old 05-20-2010, 02:16 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by tweek84

I paid 750 bucks with 4 wheel parts to install

Quick Reply: Ripp Supercharger?