Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Riding Naked with Freedom!!

Old 09-25-2007, 03:12 PM
JK Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by glwood6
For the 4 doors, too bad someone hasn't come out with a similar material and shaped panel or panels that would join up with the front panels, but just mount to the sport bar on top...IMO that would not only be easy to take on and off (compared to the fabric setup), but would look good AND protect the rear passengers from some of the weather and sun...

glwood6
Think of the possibilities. You could have a duster cover over the back and a window wind jammer behind the rear seat and run it that way with doors in the rain. You could tear it down quickly with one person and store the panels under the duster.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:31 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RotorHead
Think of the possibilities. You could have a duster cover over the back and a window wind jammer behind the rear seat and run it that way with doors in the rain. You could tear it down quickly with one person and store the panels under the duster.
Dog-Gone-It!
Now I'm not only waiting for affordable, stock looking half doors (x4), BUT, you guys have to put this thought into my head!!!

I do love thinking of the possibilities...
Old 09-25-2007, 04:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

dumb question
where did you get the mirrors
Old 09-25-2007, 05:20 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by o4major97
dumb question
where did you get the mirrors
You can get them at Autozone or any of the others. Their called Euro mirrors. They're cheap and look OK, but I wouldn't recommend them for visibility. They're too small vertically. You have to have them aimed perfectly or they're worthless and we all know how these things get bumped. I think I'm going to relocate my door misrrors with the Rugged Ridge relocation bracket or something similar.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:32 PM
JK Enthusiast

First - that is one of the best looking Unlimited's i've seen on here. SWEEEET

I was thinking about getting the same seat covers. The photo makes them look alot lighter in color than the flame red exterior, almost pink. Is that just photo trickery? Do they match in person? I ask because I installed "red" grab handles made by Rugged Ridge in my flame red rubicon, they look right, but came out pink in photos. Thanks man.
Old 09-25-2007, 05:54 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by murray8144
First - that is one of the best looking Unlimited's i've seen on here. SWEEEET

I was thinking about getting the same seat covers. The photo makes them look alot lighter in color than the flame red exterior, almost pink. Is that just photo trickery? Do they match in person? I ask because I installed "red" grab handles made by Rugged Ridge in my flame red rubicon, they look right, but came out pink in photos. Thanks man.
Thanks man. I don't know about best on the site, but it's starting to come together.

You're right about the seat covers. They don't match exactly. It does have a little different tint. More of a slight pinkish (although not as drastic as the picture) hugh compared to the tomato hugh of the paint. It blends good enough, but it could and should, since they are made for a JK, match better with the factory paint. They still look good and they protect the factory cloth so I'm happy.

Last edited by RotorHead; 09-26-2007 at 04:27 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 06:42 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by RotorHead
Thanks, I like the look too, but still may put something else on eventually if the stock wheels get chewed up anymore. They're a little more covered with the 37's so we'll see.

When I go offroad, I throw the spare in the back. It's a pain because it's heavy as spit and I can't lay it down without folding the seats. I'm waiting to see what AEV's rear bumper looks like before I buy one. I really could use the weight back there to level her out and I think it will ride better although I don't have any complaints now.

I went to ACE and got some plastic caps to fit the holes. There's two for the bump stops and one for the brake light wiring. I can't remember the size. The smaller holes are oblong so you may want to put some sealant under the cap. I am still looking to see if I can find some with a bigger lip.

I am not very mechanical. Can you tell me how you removed the brake light and what you did with the wires?
Old 09-27-2007, 04:52 AM
JK Freak

Removing the wiring is pretty simple. Just open the vented cover on the inside of the gate and disconnect the plug. The cover just pops off. Once disconnected remove the wiring through the outside of the gate boot and all.
Old 09-27-2007, 06:42 AM
JK Newbie

Thanks, I hate that ET looking rear view obstrudting thing and it is going to go.

Quick Reply: Riding Naked with Freedom!!