Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Riddlers installed Props to Northridge, added capacity

Old 10-16-2009, 03:47 AM
JK Jedi Master
FJOTM Winner

Received 363 Likes on 270 Posts

Originally Posted by stangjeeper
after getting my 5.38's installed it was suggested to get a new set of covers with the fill plug a lil higher than the stock covers. ...
Why? You still want to fill the differentials to the same level as stock (but not necessarily the same amount if you have different covers), regardless of the gear change. Now, had you done something that changed the pinion angle (lifted the Jeep), that would have necessitated the fill plug being a little higher (because the differential would have rotated)--but you still fill the differentials to the same level as stock.

If a differential is overfilled, the excessive churning of the oil by the gears will cause it to foam up and bubble out the breathers. Foam in oil is not good--it reduces the performance of the lubricant. Here's how high to fill it, regardless of your gearing, pinion angle or differential covers ...

How High Should I Fill My Differentials?
Old 10-16-2009, 09:06 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Mark Doiron
Why?
The jeep is lifted and the angles have been changed. I saw the write up on the levels as well. I am removing some of the oil to a level closer to stock.
Old 10-16-2009, 09:53 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Quick Reply: Riddlers installed Props to Northridge, added capacity