Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Rescue Green w/Shrockworks Stubby/Powerplant/KC lights

Old 06-27-2007, 03:22 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rescue Green w/Shrockworks Stubby/Powerplant/KC lights

I couldn't wait to get my new bumper, powerplant and KC lights installed...

The bumper was delivered on Fri afternoon and as soon as I got home from my son's baseball game I started the install...

It took me from 9:00pm til 1:00am...it took me longer to pull out the plastic screws on the factory bumper than it did to install the Shrockworks bumper...then installing the syn line on the powerplant was fun...especially because I was already beat...worked 16 hours before I tackled the install...anyway...

By the way...I am going to have to put in some coil spacers because the bump stop is resting on the BB spacer...it's a little bumpy of a ride right now...

Here are a couple pics of my improved rig...

Old 06-27-2007, 03:25 PM
JK Enthusiast

Very nice looking ride.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:26 PM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by Rescue X
I couldn't wait to get my new bumper, powerplant and KC lights installed...

The bumper was delivered on Fri afternoon and as soon as I got home from my son's baseball game I started the install...

It took me from 9:00pm til 1:00am...it took me longer to pull out the plastic screws on the factory bumper than it did to install the Shrockworks bumper...then installing the syn line on the powerplant was fun...especially because I was already beat...worked 16 hours before I tackled the install...anyway...

By the way...I am going to have to put in some coil spacers because the bump stop is resting on the BB spacer...it's a little bumpy of a ride right now...

Here are a couple pics of my improved rig...

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]
That really looks great! Are those stainless steel d-rings? I am considering stainless steel ones for my bumper, but I'm not sure if they will attract thieves or not.
Old 06-27-2007, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by jckid
That really looks great! Are those stainless steel d-rings? I am considering stainless steel ones for my bumper, but I'm not sure if they will attract thieves or not.
Yes they are...I didn't think about thieves taking my d-rings...but, I guess they could...
Old 06-27-2007, 03:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Yes they are...I didn't think about thieves taking my d-rings...but, I guess they could...
People are probably a little nicer in Oklahoma. Here SoCal, people will steal just about anything. I will probably go for the stainless steel d-rings anyway and take my chances.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:05 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How much droop did you get from the bumper and powerplant? I have the mid-width on order, but otherwise I'll have the same stuff sitting on the front end. I ordered 1/2" coil spacers per Northridge's Dave to compensate, and I'm hoping that's enough.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:08 PM
JK Freak

What's your address?? I really like that set up. I am going with the Power Plant too. You chose a much better option for a front bumper combo for it than I have! I am so disappointed that the winch will sit ON TOP of the Warn bumper.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:16 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by tgrt
How much droop did you get from the bumper and powerplant? I have the mid-width on order, but otherwise I'll have the same stuff sitting on the front end. I ordered 1/2" coil spacers per Northridge's Dave to compensate, and I'm hoping that's enough.
I would say that it dropped 1-2"...but that's only with my calibrated eye, ha ha ha...there's another thread that suggests 2" coil spacers...Dave at Northridge is probably right though...he's been doing this a lot longer than I have...

To be safe and get things level again...I am going to go with a 2" coil spacer though...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Rugbyduck
What's your address?? I really like that set up. I am going with the Power Plant too. You chose a much better option for a front bumper combo for it than I have! I am so disappointed that the winch will sit ON TOP of the Warn bumper.
We'll have to go wheelin' for you to get my address...ha ha ha

Thanks...that's one of the reasons I went with Shrockworks...plus I really like the stubby...
Old 06-27-2007, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That's not exactly a warm and fuzzy. I'm going to measure it before and after and if 1/2" isn't enough I'll have to get some different spacers. A 2" drop would be crazy.

Quick Reply: Rescue Green w/Shrockworks Stubby/Powerplant/KC lights