Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

::Rescue Green Show Off Thread::

Old 04-24-2011, 02:29 PM
JK Newbie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

18" KMC Thump wheels
35" nitto trail grapplers
2.5" RC lift
Old 04-24-2011, 09:34 PM
JK Newbie

Toad, I LOVE that hood sticker on your Jeep

Brilliant! What's the story? Other than the obvious.

Originally Posted by toad
I have one.

Old 04-24-2011, 09:43 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi

Well I found my favorite rescue green Jk! FREAKING BEAST! Were can I find more pics and details of your rig? I thought you had a different style cage... something with parallel bars and dipple dies....(I might have imagined that)
Old 04-25-2011, 04:40 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by jeepbronco1
Well I found my favorite rescue green Jk! FREAKING BEAST! Were can I find more pics and details of your rig? I thought you had a different style cage... something with parallel bars and dipple dies....(I might have imagined that)
Thx. Photobucket/lefthandrubi has pics of the rig in it's various stages. You are right about roll cage. It is just painted yellow and is wearing a bikini.

The jeep got named Rex by the folk here in CO and WY. Rex is built to do three things well: a) drive to and from trails in the mountains at highway speeds (also it can't break easily); b) crawl rocks and big ledges; and c) drive really fast and smooth on two tracks, like the desert. Overall it is almost there. We cut the weight down by 1000lbs or more by switching armor and bumpers to Al. The big tires give enough breakover for ledges.

Rex in these pics has a 4" lift. It can be raised a couple inches with the coil overs. The Evo DTD front and rear (modified by TnT) combined with the TnT long arm system (y-arms in front and 3arm in rear) works really well. Smooth ride. Good flex.

The 5.7l works well that I can get to 100mph even with the big tires. For rocks I have an atlas 5:1 two speed tcase. Gears are 5.13's.

Rex is getting there.
Old 04-25-2011, 05:39 AM
JK Newbie

Default rescue green rocks

I am lovin' the rescue green thread!

I just recently upgraded a few items not soon after this trip to Superlift ORV in Hot Springs, AR.

Old 04-25-2011, 08:34 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LeftHandRubi

Thx. Photobucket/lefthandrubi has pics of the rig in it's various stages. You are right about roll cage. It is just painted yellow and is wearing a bikini.

The jeep got named Rex by the folk here in CO and WY. Rex is built to do three things well: a) drive to and from trails in the mountains at highway speeds (also it can't break easily); b) crawl rocks and big ledges; and c) drive really fast and smooth on two tracks, like the desert. Overall it is almost there. We cut the weight down by 1000lbs or more by switching armor and bumpers to Al. The big tires give enough breakover for ledges.

Rex in these pics has a 4" lift. It can be raised a couple inches with the coil overs. The Evo DTD front and rear (modified by TnT) combined with the TnT long arm system (y-arms in front and 3arm in rear) works really well. Smooth ride. Good flex.

The 5.7l works well that I can get to 100mph even with the big tires. For rocks I have an atlas 5:1 two speed tcase. Gears are 5.13's.

Rex is getting there.
Like I said ! Awesome ! Thanks for the info hope to take a look at the pictures this evening !
Old 04-25-2011, 06:18 PM
JK Newbie

Old 04-25-2011, 06:50 PM
JK Newbie

Originally Posted by Canajun
Toad, I LOVE that hood sticker on your Jeep
I agree, that looks great as all the rest of these!!
Old 04-25-2011, 07:09 PM
JK Junkie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My favorite from EJS...

Old 04-26-2011, 08:04 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Wow!

Originally Posted by Gooby
This looks awesome. I cant believe how blanced this looks. Mickey T's must run big or close to an actual 35 because I would have thought this would look like a roller skate.

1) Teraflex Coil Lift = I would say approx. 3" of lift
2) MORE body lift. = 1" of lift
3) Flat Fenders = Approx 2" of perceived lift

= 6" of visual lift over stock.

I find that with a 2.5" coil lift with another 1" spacer or a body lift 35"s look just about right. Then I find some add bushwackers or fender trims and then the Jeep looks like it needs 37's.

But for whatever reason I think this one looks great. Amazing fender trim too, if I ever do this I am going to leave a bit of the lip like you did. EDIT- My mistake I see these are the rugged ridges, either way those look great.

Great looking rig really pleasing to the eye and I am sure you dont have any rubbing issues.

My only critique would be having to run spacers after going to after market rims. Don't get me wrong I run the spacers too I just wouldn't be if I wasn't so cheap and bought after markets.

Give us some more pictures of this beauty.

Quick Reply: ::Rescue Green Show Off Thread::