Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Request: No Padding / No Trim Pics

Old 03-11-2009, 05:29 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Request: No Padding / No Trim Pics

I want to see a JK with NO padding on the cage, and preferably no plastic trim on the door pillars. I realize that some of those locations may or may not be painted. I'd also like to know the tubing diameter. I'm thinking of installing the RockHard cage, and / or some tube mounted equipment, like a tank holder, Jerry-can holders, extinguisher holders...blah blah. I just don't want to get all excited about the idea to find out the Jeep looks ridiculous without the padding.

I've seen some of the RockHard 4x4 cage install pics where guys have reinstalled the padding, and one where the front end padding appears to have been left off. But really need to see the back end, and some of that plastic removed. Around the Sound-Bar would be helpful too.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:32 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The search tool helps a ton when you have questions. I did a search on "roll bar without padding" and found this thread with lots of pics...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...l+bars+padding
And another
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ding+roll+cage

Last edited by JKid; 03-11-2009 at 05:35 PM.
Old 03-11-2009, 05:40 PM
JK Enthusiast

guess I'll have to be more specific next search. I searched padding, rollcage, no padding, etc. I got WAY too many results to sift through. Thanks.

That being said, there is something to having someone just give you the results you're looking for....
Old 03-11-2009, 05:53 PM
Sponsoring Vendor
Epic-Addictions Representative

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sn4cktime
guess I'll have to be more specific next search. I searched padding, rollcage, no padding, etc. I got WAY too many results to sift through. Thanks.

That being said, there is something to having someone just give you the results you're looking for....
try typing out a full sentence. It picks up less threads and most of the time its more detailed. Also try using the advanced search.
Old 03-11-2009, 08:47 PM
JK Enthusiast

Thanks for the links. I found a couple of shots on another forum as well. I might have a peak under the rear padding as I think there's enough room to do what I was thinking.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:40 PM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by JKid
The search tool helps a ton when you have questions. I did a search on "roll bar without padding" and found this thread with lots of pics...
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...l+bars+padding
And another
https://www.jk-forum.com/forums/show...ding+roll+cage
Hmmmm.

I didn't find many good shots here, so even if he did do the same search, he may have asked the same question. I was curious myself, but don't think the thread you supplied had any good pics.

JMHO...

Quick Reply: Request: No Padding / No Trim Pics