Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Redrock2063 build at Teraflex Plus

Old 05-05-2010, 03:28 PM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Freak
Can't wait to see the direction you go. As it sits now, looks like a lot of overkill. LA's w/2.5 coils and all the skids. I'm also kinda curious on the bumper choice. If you are going the low COG route, why a full width bumper? Won't that limit angles even more?
Thanks as well.

Some days I think my middle name is overkill... I have to admit going with the front full bumper is mainly cosmetic. Sorry, I just can't get into the stubbies. I may hate myself in 6 months and swap it out. But I think with the the Expo One sitting a bit higher it will give me a bit better approach angle over some of the other options. For now I plan to bump, slide and grind along on the trails. With the LAs, Elka's etc it should ride great both on and off road. The odometer will be spinning this summer.

Last edited by StripyMonkey; 05-05-2010 at 03:31 PM.
Old 05-06-2010, 01:03 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm really lovin how your JK is turning out. I've always wanted to see one built like this besides Big Blue.
Old 05-07-2010, 08:32 AM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

I see a set of PJ sliders that came in today.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:03 AM
JK Enthusiast

It's done Picked up after work last night. In just the little bit of driving last night I can already tell it drives like a dream. Much better than stock. When I started the build I jokingly challenged Ben at TeraFlex to make it ride like my Camry. In reality it actually comes very close and in some ways, corning especially it is better.

I took some measurements before the lift and after. (both sides were within 1/8 so I'll just list one number.)
before:
front - 34 inches
middle of the door - 23 inches
rear - 36 inches

After lift and bumpers etc.:
front - 39
middle of the door - 25 1/2
rear - 38

With the weight of the bumpers etc I netted 2 1/2 inches at the door. Just what I was hoping for. We didn't need to add any spacers on the front to take out the rake. But did go with wheel spacers so the rear sway bar links could be on the outside.

I was dodging rain showers last night to get some pics. There is a bit of slop on the road so it makes it almost look like the front is too high. It is level though.

The PureJeep sliders look and will be great!

Now to wheel like a mad man and put it all to good use. Next puzzle is type of wheel and tire set up to go with next winter.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:17 AM
JK Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

looks great, now go and go where no man has gone before, I love the rockers you got on it now!

Last edited by 4whelin; 05-11-2010 at 09:21 AM.
Old 05-11-2010, 09:51 AM
JK Enthusiast

I'm sure it rides great, I'd love to have Elka's on mine. But I will say that I think it looks odd with the 32's on there. Plus, the front end is sitting higher than the rear.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:38 PM
Sponsoring Manufacturer

Originally Posted by redrock2063
It's done Picked up after work last night. In just the little bit of driving last night I can already tell it drives like a dream. Much better than stock. When I started the build I jokingly challenged Ben at TeraFlex to make it ride like my Camry. In reality it actually comes very close and in some ways, corning especially it is better.

I took some measurements before the lift and after. (both sides were within 1/8 so I'll just list one number.)
before:
front - 34 inches
middle of the door - 23 inches
rear - 36 inches

After lift and bumpers etc.:
front - 39
middle of the door - 25 1/2
rear - 38

With the weight of the bumpers etc I netted 2 1/2 inches at the door. Just what I was hoping for. We didn't need to add any spacers on the front to take out the rake. But did go with wheel spacers so the rear sway bar links could be on the outside.

I was dodging rain showers last night to get some pics. There is a bit of slop on the road so it makes it almost look like the front is too high. It is level though.

The PureJeep sliders look and will be great!

Now to wheel like a mad man and put it all to good use. Next puzzle is type of wheel and tire set up to go with next winter.
I'm going to Moab at the end of the month.
Old 05-11-2010, 12:55 PM
JK Enthusiast

Redrock2063, congratulations. That's a really nice, high quality, classy build. Enjoy!
Old 05-11-2010, 01:36 PM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Thumper616
I'm sure it rides great, I'd love to have Elka's on mine. But I will say that I think it looks odd with the 32's on there. Plus, the front end is sitting higher than the rear.
Tires/wheels are the next to sort out what I want. I thought I'd get some wheeling in and see if that helps clear up some of the questions.

It is actually right on level front to back. The spot in front of the house has a fair amount of slope. And come to think of it the take off parts were still in the back so that didn't help either with the look. I would have parked the other way but with the sun light worked better the way it is pictured. When I first saw it last week with the lift on I wondered the same too. But a quick measure solved that Q.
Old 05-11-2010, 01:45 PM
JK Super Freak

Damn those PJ rock guards look good! Great looking install all around.

Quick Reply: Redrock2063 build at Teraflex Plus