Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

Recon Upgrades Complete....for now

Old 07-25-2010, 06:23 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Recon Upgrades Complete....for now

I have spent the last month installing upgrades and finally finished last night. Here is what was installed:
Trailmaster 5" lift
Dropped pitman arm
Teraflex steering stabilizer
Schrockworks rear bumper
XD Addicts (17")
Wrangler Kevlars (37s)
Poison Spyder front/rear crusher flares and body armor

The trailmaster lift was very easy to install. No cutting/welding. Did it myself. Recommend it to anyone looking at lifting their Jeep. Also comes with new drive shafts.
The Poison Spyder products look excellent once installed but you have to take your time with the nut fasteners and if you dont do it correctly, they can be a PIA to align.

Last edited by 08RedRecon; 07-25-2010 at 06:46 AM.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:29 AM
JK Super Freak

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow, 6" total lift with those fenders makes 37s look small. Seriously clean JK though, nice work.

Haven't you boys gotten any rain down there? Your corn doesn't look nearly as nice as ours.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:46 AM
JK Super Freak

Have had a lot of rain, unfortunately dont believe we get the yields here in Alabama that are achieved in the midwest. grew up as a farmboy in Iowa so it amazes me to see corn grown in this red clay.
Old 07-25-2010, 06:53 AM
JK Super Freak

Nice looking rig! I am going to sell my ProComps and get those Addicts and bump up from 33's to 35's real soon!

Did the Poison Spyder fenders go on easy? I want those too.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:10 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 74CJ5
Nice looking rig! I am going to sell my ProComps and get those Addicts and bump up from 33's to 35's real soon!

Did the Poison Spyder fenders go on easy? I want those too.
No they did not. had a difficult time getting the bracket holes aligned with the Poison spyder fender holes and Jeep fender holes. The trick was attaching the brackets to the poison spyder fender first so I had the bracket nut retainers aligned first. Then I inserted the bracket onto the Jeep and marked/cut my holes to match. Defintely works out better if you have someone help because the fenders are heavy.
Old 07-25-2010, 07:35 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by 08RedRecon
No they did not. had a difficult time getting the bracket holes aligned with the Poison spyder fender holes and Jeep fender holes. The trick was attaching the brackets to the poison spyder fender first so I had the bracket nut retainers aligned first. Then I inserted the bracket onto the Jeep and marked/cut my holes to match. Defintely works out better if you have someone help because the fenders are heavy.
Thanks for the heads up! My list of mods is pretty long and those are a ways down on the list still. The Addicts and and 35's will be within the next 6 months seeing as my tires are nearing the end of their lifespan.
Old 07-25-2010, 08:07 AM
JK Super Freak

your jeep. is pretty rad.

Old 07-25-2010, 08:22 AM
JK Freak

Very nice. Any rubbing with the 37s on your suspension or front bumper?

-meljr
Old 07-25-2010, 08:34 AM
JK Junkie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

great looking jeep!!
Old 07-25-2010, 08:42 AM
JK Super Freak

Originally Posted by meljr
Very nice. Any rubbing with the 37s on your suspension or front bumper?

-meljr
No rubbing on the suspension or front bumper. May have to trim for the rear wheels to fit up into the wheel well.

Quick Reply: Recon Upgrades Complete....for now