Notices
JK Show & Tell Whether they're just poser shots in your driveway or hardcore action shots on the trail, if you've got photos or videos of your Jeep JK Wrangler (or any JK for that matter that you think is worth showing off, inside or out), we want to see them so please post them here! Likewise, if you are wanting to see a photo of something specific like an aftermarket JK part or poser shot with a specific setup, this is the place to ask for it.

RECON clear turn signals

Old 10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
JK Super Freak

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mobotix
You would have to be crazy-rich or just plain crazy to spend that much when you could buy a can of nite shades and a can of clear coat for under $24.
And be very unlikely to be road legal.
Almost all of the aftermarket covers, tints, films, or paints are intended for "off-road or show use only." I'm pretty sure such a disclaimer is on the Nite Shades product.
Recon is claiming these to be legal with tint.
Of course, unless the aftermarket product significantly reduced brightness, only the most Niedermeyer of cops would bust your chops.

I get a kick out of seeing somebody with dark smoked headlight covers to look cool, then adding about forty other lights just so he can see where he is going.
Old 10-31-2008, 02:26 AM
JK Jedi

Looks cool on the silver JK.
Old 01-16-2009, 12:29 AM
JK Enthusiast

I just ordered clear front turn signals and resistors from Recon, today. I tried to use the 4x4 promo code, but they kicked it back because you have to be a registered dealer thru them, and place an order for $3500 or more. I talked to Ryan there at Recon, and he was able to get me a 10% Military discount. He is also going to have them ship it to my Army address here in Germany, through the Post Office instead of FedEx. I had heard these guys have horable customer service. One guys on here said he was being harrased by email, and everything. But, so-far-so-good with my experience
Old 01-25-2009, 10:17 AM
JK Enthusiast

Default Recon Clear LED turn signal install

Well I finally got, and installed my Recon turn signals yesterday. They came with the resistors, and instructions on how to install them. They look good, but now I want the side lights, because the front lights are now yellowish orange, and the side lights are orange. The light is sealed and the plug goes into where the original light bulb went. It fits really tight, but I want to silicone it to ensure it's water tight.
This is where I installed the resistors

Here they are, with the lights off

with the lights on

Here is how bright they are when they are flashing
Old 01-26-2009, 12:48 AM
JK Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Clownhunter69
Well I finally got, and installed my Recon turn signals yesterday. They came with the resistors, and instructions on how to install them. They look good, but now I want the side lights, because the front lights are now yellowish orange, and the side lights are orange. The light is sealed and the plug goes into where the original light bulb went. It fits really tight, but I want to silicone it to ensure it's water tight.
This is where I installed the resistors

Here they are, with the lights off

with the lights on

Here is how bright they are when they are flashing
Looks great but doesn’t the resistor get really hot, don’t you think I may melt the zip ties
Old 01-26-2009, 08:21 PM
JK Enthusiast

The tabs on the side don't get too hot, but I am still planning to bolt them down, once I'm sure that's where I'll keep them. Thanks
Old 04-15-2009, 07:31 AM
JK Enthusiast

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

quick question on the resistor wiring...
I tapped the side marker lights into the front signals so all four lights will blink in the front...you have to splice the resistors into the front signal wires before the splice for the side marker splice??
Old 04-15-2009, 07:36 AM
JK Super Freak

i love these lights i have the side marker lights just have to get the front ones now
Old 04-15-2009, 02:14 PM
JK Newbie

I have the smoked turn signals and fender lights on my red rock and I think they look real good.
Old 05-04-2009, 04:54 AM
JK Freak

Originally Posted by rmoore851
I have the smoked turn signals and fender lights on my red rock and I think they look real good.
Can you post a pic?

Quick Reply: RECON clear turn signals